cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just 3 players this week. I'll add more as the season goes. If you want a player on the Draft Watch, just post it here or PM me.

Brandon Boykin CB/KR 5'10" 183 Georgia
College profile link: http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/boykin_brandon02.html
91293161.jpg.1783_display_image.jpg

Should be tested by Kellen Moore and Boise State's high-octane offense.
Boise State vs. Georgia (Atlanta) 8:00 p.m. Eastern ESPN

Kwame Geathers NT 6'6" 350 Georgia
College profile link: http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/geathers_kwame00.html
KwameGeathers.jpg

Redshirt Sophomore so he is eligiible to enter the draft. Younger brother of Robert Geathers (Bengals) and Clifton (Cowboys). He is HUGE and plays a true 3-4 NT position.
Boise State vs. Georgia (Atlanta) 8:00 p.m. Eastern ESPN

Kenny Tate SS/OLB 6'4" 220 Maryland
College profile link: http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tate_kenny00.html
Kenny-Tate-Courtesy-of-ESPN.jpg

When they first moved him to OLB I thought it was a bad sign but after listening to an interview with Coach Edsall I'm less concerned. They are playing him as a hybrid S/LB and they want to line him up all over the place to maximize his skills. I've also read that some think he runs a 4.7'ish 40, which I haven't seen confirmed, but he clearly plays faster than that. When I watch him play, he reminds me of Darren Woodson when he was at ASU.
Miami at Maryland 8:00 p.m. Eastern ESPN
* I was looking forward to watching Miami SS Ray Ray Armstrong in this game too but he has been suspended.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Stats
Brandon Boykin CB Georgia - He had 5 tackles (1 solo) and shared a Tackle for Loss. He had 5 kickoff returns for 110 yards (long of 40). He also had an 80-yard run for TD. I don't think anyone expected them to use him out of the backfield.
Kwame Geathers NT Georgia - He had a whopping 1 assisted tackle.
Kenny Tate S/LB Maryland - I watched as much of the game as I could but those uniforms were too horrid to watch. He had 11 tackles (4 solo) and an interception on a Hail Mary pass to end the game. I get that they are trying to utilize his athleticism but he didn't seem effective at linebacker or as a pass-rushing DE. He needs to play Strong Safety or his draft stock will suffer.

Another prospect I really like is Utah's Thretton Palamo. He isn't draft eligible until 2013 but he really intrigues me. He's a ferocious rugby player and was the youngest ever player to have made an appearance at the Rugby World Cup (check out his YouTube highlights). He is 6'2" 240 lbs and is now playing RB for Utah. If nothing else he is going to make a great Special Teams player. Utah plays USC this week on the Versus Network.

Reaction score
Not to sound like a homer, but I was super impressed with both Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael this weekend. Could be the best backfield duo in college football.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you get a chance to watch tonight check out Arizona State vs Missouri on ESPN. ASU will be donning their new Black uni's and the nation will get to see the meanest man in all of college football in Vontaze Burfict.
jhines09-NCAAFB-30945.JPG

Following up last week's list, Georgia plays South Carolina this weekend. I'm still high on Brandon Boykin CB/KR and Kwame Geathers NT. Two to watch for the future are South Carolina's sophomore RB Marcus Lattimore and freshman DE Jadeveon Clowney. Junior WR Alshon Jeffery is also a monster but I can't see us drafting high enough or targeting a WR in the 1st next year.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
If you get a chance to watch tonight check out Arizona State vs Missouri on ESPN. ASU will be donning their new Black uni's and the nation will get to see the meanest man in all of college football in Vontaze Burfict.
jhines09-NCAAFB-30945.JPG

Following up last week's list, Georgia plays South Carolina this weekend. I'm still high on Brandon Boykin CB/KR and Kwame Geathers NT. Two to watch for the future are South Carolina's sophomore RB Marcus Lattimore and freshman DE Jadeveon Clowney. Junior WR Alshon Jeffery is also a monster but I can't see us drafting high enough or targeting a WR in the 1st next year.

South Carolina LB Antonio Allen is a player. Just played great coverage in the slot, picking off a pass and returning it for a TD to put them up 27-20. Had 16 tackles, 2 ff and a fumble return for TD last week too. Not big enough to remain at LB in the pros, could be a nice SS prospect though.

Last edited:

Cythim

Reaction score
Lets get these kids added to the list:

Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
Height: 6-4. Weight: 235.

Matt Barkley*, USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.

Landry Jones*, QB, Oklahoma
Height: 6-4. Weight: 216.

Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
Height: 6-5. Weight: 235.

Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 202.

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 219.

Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Height: 6-4. Weight: 235. - We'd have to go 2 and 14 to have a chance at him and I just don't see that kind of collapse under Garrett.
Matt Barkley*, USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230. -You guys know I love USC so trust me when I tell you that watching Barkley is like watching Romo. Three quarters of amazingness and a 4th quarter of stupidity. He's even smiling all the time like Romo, win or lose.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 216. - Sooner fans will crucify me for this but after watching Landry several games I still don't know if he's more Sam Bradford or more Jason White.

Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
Height: 6-5. Weight: 235. - Will be a good NFL quarterback. Needs a few years to develop IMO.

Height: 6-3. Weight: 202. - Exact same comments as Foles.

Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 219. - Need to see more.

Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220. - He'll be a 28 year-old rookie, Another baseball player turned quarterback.

I really like Robert Griffin and Brock Osweiler because I think you could get them without having to spend a 1st round pick.

I would think Romo would have to throw 30 plus INT's this year for Jerry to be ready to replace him in 2012. Like him or not you are stuck with Romo for a while.

Reaction score
Height: 6-4. Weight: 235. - We'd have to go 2 and 14 to have a chance at him and I just don't see that kind of collapse under Garrett.
Matt Barkley*, USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230. -You guys know I love USC so trust me when I tell you that watching Barkley is like watching Romo. Three quarters of amazingness and a 4th quarter of stupidity. He's even smiling all the time like Romo, win or lose.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 216. - Sooner fans will crucify me for this but after watching Landry several games I still don't know if he's more Sam Bradford or more Jason White.

Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
Height: 6-5. Weight: 235. - Will be a good NFL quarterback. Needs a few years to develop IMO.

Height: 6-3. Weight: 202. - Exact same comments as Foles.

I really like Robert Griffin and Brock Osweiler because I think you could get them without having to spend a 1st round pick.

The top two will likely be out of our reach barring an enormous trade up. Even going from the mid teens to top 5 is substantial, let alone to #1 which is what it'd take to nab Luck. Landry Jones may be in the 10-15 range, but like you, I'm not real sure what type of pro he'll be at this point.

I am intrigued by Foles and Cousins, especially since we are stuck with Romo :Emo for at least two more years and have time to groom someone.

Cythim

Reaction score
The top two will likely be out of our reach barring an enormous trade up. Even going from the mid teens to top 5 is substantial, let alone to #1 which is what it'd take to nab Luck. Landry Jones may be in the 10-15 range, but like you, I'm not real sure what type of pro he'll be at this point.

I am intrigued by Foles and Cousins, especially since we are stuck with Romo :Emo for at least two more years and have time to groom someone.

Ditto on Foles and Cousins. We have the time to develop them, even if it takes McGee a year or two of starting. Romo's contract is up in 2014, I'd like to see him not get an extension.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ditto on Foles and Cousins. We have the time to develop them, even if it takes McGee a year or two of starting. Romo's contract is up in 2014, I'd like to see him not get an extension.

I'm probably on ignore, but for the rest of the forum's benefit...

Jerry Jones will most likely still be alive in 2014. Romo is getting extended.

Reaction score
Isnt this biggum on wasington supposed to be good? Doesn't look as strong as his body would lead you to believe He should be

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I really like the Strong Safety from Texas, #4 Kenny Vaccaro. I was watching a game last year to check out Blake Gideon but Vaccaro stood out. He was outstanding in the Longhorns spring game and he looks damn good today vs UCLA.

Top Bottom