Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_EUVrbGF-W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EUVrbGF-W8&feature=player_embedded#at=253[/video]

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That brings back so many memories. I really miss watching those guys. The Triplets, Allen, Woodson, Erik Williams, Coakley, Godfrey. I remember being devastated when Irvin went down for the year. Our season was over and we had finally found a second receiver.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Daryl Johnston's last game as well. Belive he went on IR afterwards and retired following the season.

Should have put him on the list too. Loved when we would give him the ball once or twice during the game. Heard we did that so the defenses would always be kinda off guard as to who was getting it, Emmitt or Moose.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
That season was officially the final nail in the coffin to the Dynasty that once was. That team still had enough talent to make noise but the season was lost as soon as Irvin layed motionless at the Vet.

You can leave out Coakley and Godfrey from those 90's teams and throw in a little Ken Norton Jr. One of the greatest tackles in Cowboys history. I was so amped up after his stonewalling of Davis I wanted to tackle my TV.......................

[video=youtube;ulOsRgWMNbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOsRgWMNbs[/video]

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Norton was probably our worst FA loss. Should have done more to keep him.

Reaction score
Forgot about him. It's amazing how many players we let get away.

I wouldn't say let...it was just the nature of those first days of free agency. Teams overpaid for our role players...guys like Jones, Gant, Casilla, Martin ect ect

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That 1999 game might be my favorite game of all time.

Yeah I've never been more amped during a game since I saw Rocket catch that bomb in overtime. That was awesome.

Seeing Chris Warren again reminds me that Murray runs a good bit like him.

I don't remember a whole lot about Warren's running style, although I do remember a game against Washington when he and Emmitt both had over 100 yards. Murray really reminds me of Emmitt with the vision and moves that he has.

Top Bottom