C

Cr122

Offensive guard Will Rackley also confirmed he has an invitation to Valley Ranch. The Lehigh graduate and offensive team captain played left tackle in college but projects as a guard in the NFL. His versatility has intrigued a lot of teams, and according to Draftace.com, he has visits lined up with the Browns, Cowboys, Rams, Chiefs, Dolphins, Lions, Jaguars, Patriots and Jets so far, which could see him going in the top 100 of the draft.

CBSsports ranks him as the fifth best guard, Wes Bunting has him graded tied for the sixth spot among guards

C

Cr122

This is a couple of weeks old, but wanted to post this also.

Lehigh University senior lineman Will Rackley has recently returned to the Lehigh Valley after spending a week in Indianapolis performing for coaches, media members, scouts and general managers at the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine. Rackley, who has consistently been ranked a top-5 guard/center in this year's class, participated in every workout except the 40-yard dash due to a left hip flexor injury. He said he'll run the dash at his Pro Day on March 17. "I tweaked it a little bit a few weeks ago in training," Rackley said. "It didn't hurt much but I didn't want to run the risk of running the 40 and having it be tight for the rest of the events. I'll do it at my Pro Day so I know I'm 100 percent and don't have to worry about anything." Not only did he participate in workouts at Lucas Oil Field from Feb. 23 to March 1, Rackley also talked to the media and sat down with team representatives. After initially meeting 28 team reps informally, Rackley said he chatted with 13 sets of head coaches and GMs more formally. Some of those teams included the Giants, Cardinals, Titans, Texans and Cowboys. - Michael LoRe, The Express-Times

sbk92

Reaction score
Would be a great 3rd round pick. He's local to me. He plays for the school that hosts the Eagles training camp.

Reaction score
I was going to make a comment expressing reservations about a small school lineman, but then I quickly remembered some of the best lineman this team has ever had came from small schools.

C

Cr122

I'd love to draft this guy, he can play both the T and G positions. That's huge.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And he attended Lehigh where they don't do all your homework for you. So the guy is smart too. Need that in spades here.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd love to draft this guy, he can play both the T and G positions. That's huge.

I haven't seen anyone who thinks he can play T in the NFL. He's got the dreaded short arms syndrome.

I think he'd carry a grade similar to Rodger Saffold last year if he was considered a pro T.

C

Cr122

Here's an article about the Dolphins interest in him, it mentions he played LT in his Senior year but I assume the Dolphins want him at G.

NFL Draft 2011: Miami Dolphins Schedule Private Workout with OG Will Rackley
By Chris J. Nelson (Dolphins Featured Columnist) on March 19, 2011 - Miami Gardens

The Miami Dolphins have scheduled a private workout with former Lehigh (Pa.) offensive lineman Will Rackley on April 5, according to Josh Buchanan of JBScouting.com.

Rackley, who reportedly excelled at Lehigh's Pro Day on Thursday in front of at least 15 NFL scouts and coaches, also has workouts scheduled with the Detroit Lions and Kansas City Chiefs. He claims to have spoken with up to 28 team reps at February's Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

A Georgia native, Rackley started all four seasons at Lehigh, including 13 games at left tackle as a senior in 2010. He was a three-time All-Patriot League selection and two-time AP All-American for the Mountain Hawks.

Measuring in at 6-foot-3 and 309 pounds, Rackley is a strong pass protector and run blocker, and uses his excellent strength to push defenders. He was a team captain as a senior and an Academic Honor Roll pick in 2009, with the intelligence to analyze various defensive packages.

While he excelled at tackle at a Division I-FCS school, Rackley projected as an interior lineman in the NFL, and is widely considered a top-five prospect at either the guard or center position.

CBSSports.com ranks Rackley fifth at the guard position in this year's class, behind Mike Pouncey (Florida), Danny Watkins (Baylor), Benjamin Ijalana (Villanova), and Clint Boling (Georgia). ESPN.com also has Rackley fifth among guards and rated as the sixth-best interior lineman overall.

Rackley is widely projected to go in the third round of April's draft, but could sneak into the second round depending on how his fellow guard prospects come off the board and his pre-draft workouts between now and then.

The Dolphins could certainly have their eye on Rackley in the third round, as they are potentially in the market for two new starting guards. Left guard Richie Incognito has been moved to center and is expected to start there, while 2010 third-rounder John Jerry struggled as a rookie and Nate Garner remains somewhat unproven after missing all of last season with a foot injury.

C

Cr122

While he excelled at tackle at a Division I-FCS school, Rackley projected as an interior lineman in the NFL, and is widely considered a top-five prospect at either the guard or center position.

Interesting. He can play almost anywheres I bet.

Top Bottom