C

Cr122

Watkins - Which Cowboy is next for Hall of Fame?

Which Cowboy is next for Hall of Fame?
August, 6, 2010

By Calvin Watkins

SAN ANTONIO -- On Saturday night, Emmitt Smith, the NFL's all-time leading rusher, will get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He will become the 10th Cowboys player to walk across the grand stage. Tom Landry and Tex Schramm are also in the Hall of Fame.

The big question is, who is next?

Rush end Charles Haley, who won five Super Bowl titles, more than anybody in history, was denied an opportunity to join Smith this year.

"I'm not a fortune teller, nor do I want to be," Haley said. "If the opportunity comes I know I will be willing to walk through that door."

Safety Darren Woodson, a five-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro, was a part of three Super Bowl titles.

Cliff Harris, another safety, was a four-time All-Pro and won two titles. Harris was named to the 1970s All Decade team.

Chuck Howley, a six-time All-Pro who was Super Bowl V MVP, is another player who should get some consideration.

Jerry Jones, who purchased the team in 1989 and turned it from a downward spiral to win three Super Bowl titles in the 1990s, will get some love from the voters some day.

sbk92

Reaction score
Haley should have gone in on the first ballot.

Woodson needs to be in pronto.

Then probably a long gap until Marcus Spears.

C

Cr122

Dez Bryant is going to be a hall of famer some day.

He has amazing talent.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Haley didn't go in because of his antics, I don't think that is right, but that is the case.

sbk92

Reaction score
Haley didn't go in because of his antics, I don't think that is right, but that is the case.

Well it's a retarded case, if true.

Charles Haley was one of the most dominant pass rushers for a decade. He's right up there with Reggie and Bruce as terrors to those 90's QBs and he single-handedly shifted the balance of power to Dallas when he arrived.

5 time champ. 100 plus sacks. If he isn't a hall of famer, I don't know what one looks like.

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Haley was/is one crazy MF'er, but his on the field contribution is what should be considered.

Yeah, he may have shat into someone's car through their sun roof, or stretched his penis across desks during film sessions, but the guy was a beast.

Top Bottom