Reaction score
Edit:

Pat Watkins among Cowboys' first cuts
Posted at 9:34 AM on Mon., Aug. 30, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

In what could be the first move of a special teams' transformation in 2010, the Cowboys released safety Pat Watkins on Monday.

The Cowboys have also decided to release tight end Scott Sicko and wide receiver Terrell Hudgins. They have to make two more moves by Tuesday's mandatory cut-down to 75. Tight end John Phillips will be moved to injured reserve to fill one of the spots.

End of an era.

From Bennet's Twitter account:

KungFuAstronaut
Damn they released my best friend this morning. Get healthy bro. Still here in spirit. Pray for Pat to get healthy and land on his feet. 3 minutes ago via Echofon

C

Cr122

Well, that opens the door for McCray and Church then.

Watkins was a good special teams guy, but he had no shot of starting anyways.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's about time they released Watkins. It should have been done 3 years ago.

C

Cr122

We knew we would of lost one of those tight ends, I thought Sicko would've made it as well.

They must see something in Gronkowski and Farr. I dunno.

It must be the Polish power in the "Gronk."

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here's hoping we do in fact keep Gronk. I expected we'd keep Sicko, but oh well, such is the life of football.

C

Cr122

Here's hoping we do in fact keep Gronk. I expected we'd keep Sicko, but oh well, such is the life of football.

I like Gronk too, I think there's a chance we keep him and Anderson for the fullback position. Then we go with Witten and Martellus Bennett at tight end. I think there's also a chance Gronk plays some at tight end this year as well.

Top Bottom