C

Cr122

Rookie LB Sean Lee wants to play badly
August, 14, 2010

By Calvin Watkins

OXNARD, Calif. -- We have not seen the Cowboys' top two draft picks, first rounder Dez Bryant and second rounder Sean Lee, in a game.

Bryant, the wide receiver and first-round pick, was hurt two weeks ago, a right high-ankle sprain, but he's getting better, and his walking boot was removed from his foot on Saturday.

Stephen Jones, the team vice president, said it's too early to tell when Bryant will return.

Lee, the inside linebacker and second-round selection, is recovering from a strained quad muscle and hopes to return next week against San Diego.

"It's brutal," Lee said of missing the first two preseason games. "You see your team grinding it out on the field and you want to put a uniform on and want to play."

Lee said he hasn't suffered any setbacks in his rehab. Instead, he believes the club is being careful with his health because it would like to see him on the field for the regular-season opener healthy.

"I'm ready to go," he said. "I will practice this week, and if everything goes well I will play Saturday. I think the’re being really cautious with it. If it were a game week I would be ready to play."

C

Cr122

Sean Lee is another one I don't want rushed back.

I'd rather have both Lee and Bryant stay out as long as they needed, even though I am desperate to see Lee perform.

At least Bryant has had some time in practice and in mini camps. Lee hasn't had as much as him.

Top Bottom