C

Cr122

Posted at 11:32 AM on Tue., Aug. 3, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips reacted to the news of quarterback Bret Favre's reported decision to retire with mock surprise on Tuesday morning.

``Again?'' Phillips said. ``Just use the same quotes I had last year, and the year before that.''

Phillips was only kidding. He went on to express great respect for Favre, who holds the all-time record for touchdown passes with 197.

``He's one of the great ones,'' Phillips said. ``It was really neat to get to see him play and compete against him. That's one of the great things about this sport, getting to compete against the great ones.''

Favre completed 15-of-24 passes for 234 yards and four touchdowns in a divisional-round playoff win against the Cowboys last season. Two of the touchdown throws went for more than 40 yards.

``He was great,'' Phillips said. ``He had thrown 20-something interceptions several years in a row, and he threw only six last year. Everybody remembers the one he threw in the (NFC title game), but they forget all the points he scored in that game. He was great against us, and he was great in that game, too.''

----------- --------------- -----------

lol

Reaction score
Doesn't he hold the all time record for Interceptions too? I for one can't stand him. I've had hatred for him since the ealry 90's and I still have it for him to this day. Overrated.....overrated.....

C

Cr122

Doesn't he hold the all time record for Interceptions too? I for one can't stand him. I've had hatred for him since the ealry 90's and I still have it for him to this day. Overrated.....overrated.....

I think he does. It's like 317 in his career.

Top Bottom