C

Cr122

Terrell Owens on Cowboys and his relationship with Jerry Jones and Tony Romo
Posted at 11:45 AM on Sun., Aug. 8, 2010
David Moore / Reporter

Terrell Owens is hours away from facing his former team in the Hall of Fame game. At the team hotel this morning, the Cincinnati receiver was asked to reflect on his time with the Cowboys.

"I think it was short-lived,'' Owens said. "I was prematurely let go. Things like that happen. You have to take the bitter with the sweet and you move on.

"Do I think I probably should still be there? Yeah. But that's not the case. You deal with that situation as it comes. I think a lot of people know there are some unfortunate things that happened there.

"Again, I still stand by the things I said and what was done and I know it wasn't my fault.''

Owens bumped into many of the Cowboys Saturday afternoon as the team toured the Hall of Fame and he spoke of how they still have love for him. He also had the chance to chat with owner Jerry Jones.

What is their relationhip like?

"I think a lot of people know what happened,'' said Owens, who refused to go into specifics. "I think it was a tough decision for Jerry. I think if Jerry had the ultimate decision I would be there.

"By no means did I feel that I left that team because of talent. Obviously, there had to be other factors there. Other than that, I feel confident about myself and what I can still do on the football field, even at the age of 36.''

And what about quarterback Tony Romo? Does Owens believe it was in the best interest of both parties to part ways or could the two still work together?

"I don't know,'' Owens said. "I really don't have too much to say about that.''

kingdomcome1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Owens, a great physical talent, but just couldn't keep his mouth shut, what a shame!

Reaction score
Owens, a great physical talent, but just couldn't keep his mouth shut, what a shame!

Thats been the story of his career.

I honestly think he's bi-polar, or has some sort of persecution complex.

It's never his fault, everyone is always out to get him. I mean, this is a guy who is the quinessential media-whore . . . yet, tries to blame ESPN for him not getting signed.

Top Bottom