bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
fuck no. that goes double for Claiborne (has he ever played a full season?) and Carr. move on already.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not to mention resigning Williams prevents the need to spend a draft pick on a WR.

The fact that Dez never seems to stay healthy means they need to spend a relatively high pick on WR IMO. Where they are drafting if Ju Ju Smith-Schuster is there I would not be pissed if they took him even though they definitely need defense. As far a Williams, I permanently soured on him last year after his brutal performance. He can go.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We don't need shit on offense, unless there is someone we can't pass up. First this defense, and we are contenders every year.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He shows flashes of good play but he's really no better than league average, so let him go elsewhere. Same with Claiborne, Wilcox, Escobar etc.

I expect Leary will want too much money, so he can go too. Could net us a nice haul of compensatory draft picks in 2018.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Depends what he costs. At the right price that doesn't hurt us cap wise, it's definitely worth having him. He's a quality starter, excellent downfield blocker and makes some timely big plays.

Brice Butler is also a free agent after the year. He's an enigma but has shown flashes of being good enough (at times) to be a solid #2 guy. If the light bulb comes on for him he'd be a decent contingency plan. He'll likely be cheaper than TW and for a team without a ton of cap room (especially to spend on the offense) that's something to consider.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a #4 WR, yes. But they keep starting a player who can't mke all the catches (fitting well with Kellen Moore who can't make all the throws) and just to remind you, Jason Garrett had to tell TWilly how to catch a ball in the air...which he still didn't. He jumped to allow it to hit him in he chest. Yes he can block well and he's good for 1-2 catches a game- sometimes pivotal times. He knows his limitations but he should not be relied on to be a #2. He's really not fast enough and players who can highpoint are pivotal in the red zone.

Terrance Williams: Garrett's Advice; Team Chemistry Back | Dallas Cowboys

Reaction score
Let him go. A second contract means decent money because someone else will pay more to keep him.

Brice can be our 2.

Reaction score
TWilly is a child. I think he wouldn't understand if they didn't resign him and he would still come to practices. "Tony Romo just tell us what to do at the line...he like...".

Top Bottom