sbk92

Reaction score
Russ Lande
Sporting News

There was a big turnout of teams to watch the pro day workout of Temple DT Muhammad Wilkerson on Friday — and he didn't disappoint them. The 6-4 Wilkerson weighed in at 308 pounds and recorded 29 inches in the vertical jump. He then went through a grueling workout.

Throughout the session, sources said he showed the athleticism, balance, quickness and smooth movement skills that excite NFL teams. It's hard to find tall linemen over 300 pounds with Wilkerson’s athleticism. Though he didn't push himself into the elite category Friday, sources said he provided further evidence that he is one of the best 3-4 ends in the draft and will most likely be a first-round pick.

Temple S Jaiquawn Jarrett, one of the most underrated players in the draft, had a solid workout. He measured in at 6-0, 200 pounds and registered a 30½-inch vertical jump.

According to sources, Jarrett displayed the smooth, fluid athleticism that was evident on film, though he dropped a few balls. Jarrett's performance should solidify him as a fourth-round pick.

sbk92

Reaction score
Nobody has linked the Cowboys to Wilkerson but he's been rising up the draft boards at a position of need for Dallas. I know Kiper has his 10th overall on the big board.

My question for the board - Would you hate that selection at 9?

C

Cr122

Nobody has linked the Cowboys to Wilkerson but he's been rising up the draft boards at a position of need for Dallas. I know Kiper has his 10th overall on the big board.

No. Because he can play DT or DE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I guess it depends on who else was available and whether or not any legit offers to move down came about.

sbk92

Reaction score
I guess it depends on who else was available and whether or not any legit offers to move down came about.

You won't know if there were any offers to move down.

I mean, you might catch wind of an offer later on in the media, but you won't really know all the options they had at the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You won't know if there were any offers to move down.

I mean, you might catch wind of an offer later on in the media, but you won't really know all the options they had at the time.

Thats true

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Yes. If he has no elite qualities, he would be a reach in the top 10.

Top Bottom