Reaction score
TE Jeremy Shockey cut by Saints

Veteran tight end Jeremy Shockey told ESPN's Rachel Nichols that he's been released by the New Orleans Saints.

"It's a business, I understand," Shockey said. "I'll just go play hard for someone else. Whoever gets me it's going to be a steal."

Yasinskas: No Surprises Here

Jeremy Shockey's departure doesn't come as a complete surprise when you look at all the factors, ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas writes. Story

"I'd like to thank Jeremy for the contributions he made to our team during his time in New Orleans," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said. "These decisions are never easy to make and we wish him the best in the future."

Shockey, who won a Super Bowl with the Saints in the 2009 season, had three touchdowns and 408 receiving yards during an injury-hampered 2010 campaign in which he missed three of the team's games.

"Jeremy played an important role in helping our team bring a Super Bowl championship to New Orleans," said Saints coach Sean Payton. "He contributed to the success of our offense, both as a pass-catcher and run blocker, and we're appreciative of his efforts."

Drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2002 draft, Shockey was acquired by the Saints in a trade with New York prior to the 2008 season and spent the past three years in New Orleans.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Love how his career has taken a nose dive. He is one of those players I despised the minute he stepped foot in the NFL.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
1377930593_a465a914ae_o.gif

Reaction score
i hate that mother****er just as much as i hate brandon jacobs. Wouldnt hurt my feelings if both got hit by a bus...

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
If he played here, everybody would love him.

He was tough. He would hunt linebackers down to run them over.

If you love football... How do you not love a player like that?

I wish Witten would have a little Jeremy Shockey in him.

Plymkr

Reaction score

LOL..! That was classic!!!

If he played here, everybody would love him.

Speak for yourself. He is a douche prick ****. Always has been and have always hated him.

He was tough. He would hunt linebackers down to run them over.

If you love football... How do you not love a player like that?

I wish Witten would have a little Jeremy Shockey in him.

I seriously hope you aren't comparing Shockey's toughness to Witten's. I don't think you were, just sayin.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I seriously hope you aren't comparing Shockey's toughness to Witten's. I don't think you were, just sayin.

I was talking about Shockey purposely running people over. Something Witten doesn't do.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
His toughness I like as with any football player. His arrogance not so much.

Plymkr

Reaction score
I was talking about Shockey purposely running people over. Something Witten doesn't do.

Witten just runs by people, As he has done. Plays with injuries all year, As he has done.

I understand where you are coming from. I just have a hatred for Shockey, and I don't think he is or was ever on Witten's level.

Reaction score
Report: Shockey passes physical for Dolphins
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent TE Jeremy Shockey "took and passed" a physical for the Dolphins Thursday.
The Titans may not be interested, but both sides are tangoing in Miami despite GM Jeff Ireland's statements to the contrary earlier in the day. The match doesn't make much sense beyond Shockey's fame and a reputation for college success in South Florida a decade ago. That may be enough to get Shockey into a Dolphins uniform for 2011. He's not an upgrade on Anthony Fasano at this point in his career.

Top Bottom