Reaction score
Stephen McGee will start Thursday

Aug 311:21PM CT
Email Print Comments
By Tim MacMahon

Stephen McGee will start at quarterback and probably play the entire game against the Miami Dolphins.

McGee, a fourth-round pick in 2009, tops the list of players the Cowboys need to evaluate this preseason. There has been some internal discussion about whether he deserves a roster spot as a developmental quarterback, but the prevailing opinion seems to be that it’s too early to give up on a prospect with his physical tools and makeup.

“I think it’s really important,” Phillips said. “He made a step forward. We’ve seen it in the last couple of games and as training camp went on. He seems to be a little more comfortable in this pro-type offense.

“We all know it takes quarterbacks a while [to develop]. But we want to give him this opportunity to go out there and do what he can do and prepare.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4671507/stephen-mcgee-will-start-thursday

Reaction score
This is probably a make or break game for him.

I'd hate to pull the plug on him so quickly, but I haven't really seen anything yet that would indicate he has a future in the league, even as a back up.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sweet. I've only seen 2 1/2 preseason games and haven't seen much of him.

C

Cr122

Pretty much, if he stinks up the field he'll be cut the next day.

Hope the boys get it together in practice so we at least have a decent showing on offense against the Skins.

Top Bottom