Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Seahawks' Richard Sherman doubled down on what he said before, that "all lives matter" and the Huffington Post took him to task, saying he "needs to stop saying that."

That column was penned by a white guy. So it's okay for a white guy to tell a black guy what he needs to say or not say? Huh?

Here's the Huff-Puff piece:

Richard Sherman Really Needs To Stop Saying 'All Lives Matter'

The writer does most everything short of calling Sherman a "Uncle Tom."

Say whatever you want about Sherman, at least he is principled and won't buckle (so far) to political correctness.

Here's some of what he's saying lately:

Richard Sherman: "As human beings, all lives matter" The Undefeated

We hear a lot about Black Lives Matter. But I think race was created. I think everybody is a human being first and then the color of their skin wouldn’t matter if nobody told you it mattered, if that makes any sense. We need to deal with our own internal issues before we start moving forward and start attacking other people. We need to solidify ourselves as a people and deal with our issues because I think as long as we have black-on-black crime and one black man killing another, if black lives matter, then they should matter all the time.

It’s hard to formulate an opinion and generalize because they have several different messages. Some of them are peaceful and understandable and some of them are very radical and hard to support. Any time you see people who are saying, ‘Black Lives Matter,’ and then saying it’s time to kill police, then it is difficult to stand behind that logic. They are generalizing police just like they are asking police not to generalize us. It is very hypocritical. So, in that respect, I find it difficult to fully support that movement.

I stand by what I said that All Lives Matter and that we are human beings. And speaking to police, I want African-Americans and everybody else treated decently. I want them treated like human beings. And I also want the police treated like human beings. I don’t want police officers just getting knocked off in the street who haven’t done anything wrong.
For the life of me I can't find anything wrong with anything he's saying, and really can't see how anyone reasonable, would either.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Of course Sherman is correct and of course it's insane that a white dude thinks he should be able to tell Sherman how to think.

But that's our PC/SJW culture for you.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The problem for me with the saying is that some people see an invisible (only) in front of the slogan when the intention of the movement is the invisible (too) at the end of it.

Sherman and anyone with common sense is right to say "all lives matter"..the fact that there are others who have to be reminded or told that black lives also matter is the bigger problem.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the intention of the movement is the invisible (too) at the end of it.
Never seen or ever heard it explained that way before and it makes sense the way you explained it. Questions are, why didn't they just include the "too" in the name, and how much trouble would Sherman or any other black athlete or celeb be in if he/she insisted on adding it when they talk about it. The term is intended to be devisive it's not nearly as clever or well thought out as you're explaining.

Sherman and anyone with common sense is right to say "all lives matter"..the fact that there are others who have to be reminded or told that black lives also matter is the bigger problem.
Except, when saying "all lives matter" you make it regardless of pigmentation, gender, origin, everything else. It becomes universally understood as inclusive and doesn't need to be explained.

There will ALWAYS be "others" who have to be reminded or told, and their skin color isn't relevant to that.

I believe the "movement" would see near universal enthuisastic support if it were "Black Lives Matter Too."

Reaction score
I think anyone who looks at it objectively would see the intent of the movement was to say that black lives matter too... Just look at why it became a movement. Black Lives Matter Too doesn't have the hashtag-ability, it looks awkward.

Top Bottom