Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Comes on at 8:00 pm ct on the Discovery Channel. They go inside the team that killed Bin Laden. Should be interesting.

Reaction score
You grow up and you watch movies like Rambo or Commando, and you think Special Forces guys are all huge. Most of these guys aren't.

I've known and am good friends with a few SEALS. Most of them in uniform or street clothes look like normal people. Of course, they're in incredible shape, and ridiculously well trained. The key to being a SEAL is you have to have a cast iron will, you have to have a drive and a desire that most people don't. You have to understand that your body can do so much more than your mind will lead you to believe. Have a 'not dead, can't quit' philosophy.

90% of the people who try to become SEALS fail. While I would love to be 19 again to try, I'm pretty confident that I'd be in that 90% that wouldn't have made it. I've worked out with a few, and they're just relentless. They keep going, like machines.

I have the upmost respect for SEAL Team members.

Reaction score
What is more Hostile-ish?

Me saying I know SEALs, when I live in Virginia Beach, VA, and spent 9 years in the military?

Or

You claiming you'd be on SEAL Team 6, the premier SEAL team there is, if it wasn't for your bad knee?

Take your time. Use a pencil and scrap paper if needed.

Cythim

Reaction score
How long you been in Virginia Beach? I was stationed at Langley from '02 to '05.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is more Hostile-ish?

Me saying I know SEALs, when I live in Virginia Beach, VA, and spent 9 years in the military?

Or

You claiming you'd be on SEAL Team 6, the premier SEAL team there is, if it wasn't for your bad knee?

Take your time. Use a pencil and scrap paper if needed.

What I said was a joke, Midswat.

Reaction score
I wore my cap backwards before it was a fad.

As soon as others started doing it, I stopped.

True story.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
You grow up and you watch movies like Rambo or Commando, and you think Special Forces guys are all huge. Most of these guys aren't.

I've known and am good friends with a few SEALS. Most of them in uniform or street clothes look like normal people. Of course, they're in incredible shape, and ridiculously well trained. The key to being a SEAL is you have to have a cast iron will, you have to have a drive and a desire that most people don't. You have to understand that your body can do so much more than your mind will lead you to believe. Have a 'not dead, can't quit' philosophy.

90% of the people who try to become SEALS fail. While I would love to be 19 again to try, I'm pretty confident that I'd be in that 90% that wouldn't have made it. I've worked out with a few, and they're just relentless. They keep going, like machines.

I have the upmost respect for SEAL Team members.

That was adorable.

Top Bottom