Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Redskins inform Robert Griffin III of release - NFL.com

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Griffin was informed he will be released Monday, according to a team source. The only surprise regarding the news was that it took so long for the Redskins to finalize, but they wanted to make sure that starter Kirk Cousins was under contract for 2016 before making anything official. Cousins signed his franchise tag tender last week. ESPN first reported the Griffin news.

Griffin will have a market as a free agent, but it should only be as a backup for now. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported last week the Chiefs, Broncos and Cowboys each would be interested in the 26-year-old quarterback once he hits the open market. Playing behind an established starter where Griffin's big name is less of a story could be his best route.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would sign RG3. I've always liked him and he has the one quality required to survive in a Jason Garrett-coached offense.

The ability to pull plays out of your ass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would sign RG3. I've always liked him and he has the one quality required to survive in a Jason Garrett-coached offense.

The ability to pull plays out of your ass.

Doesn't read defenses overly well or throw with accuracy and timing, so I would think he'd be a poor fit here.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Some team will probably woo him with a shot to compete for a starting spot.. But his best bet would be sitting and learning from a great qb for a year or two. Dallas makes perfect sense in that regard. Not sure it makes sense for us tho. Not exactly a scheme fit here. Definitely intriguing considering just a few years ago he showed so much promise.

Top Bottom