chill@star-telegram.com
LINKEDIN
GOOGLE+
PINTEREST
REDDIT
PRINT
ORDER REPRINT OF THIS STORY
IRVING
Morris Claiborne might have already played his last game as a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

The oft-injured cornerback, who has been considered a disappointment since coming to the team as the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, calls himself a no-go for Sunday’s game at Buffalo.

Claiborne missed last week’s game against the Jets with a recurring hamstring injury. He tried to practice Thursday to no avail.

"I’ll probably be down," Claiborne said. "I just did individual, trying to get it warmed up, trying to get it to go – but no."

Claiborne initially strained the hamstring Nov. 15 against Tampa Bay, ruining what had been a strong start to the season. He missed two games. He re-injured it against Green Bay Dec. 13.

Claiborne is on the final year of his contract and will now miss 23 games in four years.

That number will grow if he doesn’t play against the Bills. There is no reason for him to play in the Jan. 3 season final against Washington.

"I was really trying to get back for this game – not just in the hopes of getting back to play, but I know my teammates, my guys are out there fighting," Claiborne said. "I know they want to fight until the end, no matter what everything looks like. I’d rather be out there with them. Like I said, if I can go, I’ll go – if I can’t, I can’t. It’s out of my hands."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He'll probably sign with Az and reunite with Peterson and the honey badger and light it up at half the price DALLAS paid

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What was it Jones said about Garrett? Something about not being able to benefit from all they invested in him? I can see that same logic getting Claiborne another contract here.

It's time to move on. Learn from the mistake and move on.

Big picture... if he goes somewhere else and plays well, it lets the Cowboys know their coaching isn't shit. If he never develops at all, it lets the Cowboys know their scouting ain't shit.

Reaction score
I actually think he stays. For no other reason than this idiot coaching staff will vouch for him, and we'll overpay slightly.

We'll have Scandrick back, and Byron Jones at safety. I think Church and Willbust are still under contract, but outside of that we'll have to address the secondary in the offseason. Wouldn't suprise me if we took two or three corners in the draft, like the 2001 draft. (Goodrich, Edwards, and Larrimore)

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
They kept Carr around...

IDK why but we're scared to move on from any corners who remotely show any talent. Like Claiborne, Carr does enough good things on the field to keep hanging around.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect he gets a decent offer to go elsewhere. He didn't make enough plays and he's got dinged up again, but for the most part he covered pretty well this yr and tackled better as well

I also suspect a team with a better DB coach will get a lot more out of him than we ever did.

Like The Clapper, Jerome Henderson has 100% proven to me that he cant coach his way out of a wet paper bag. The longer he coaches guys it seems almost 100% of the time the player gets worse. Like the asshat that brought him here (Rob Ryan) the guy is a loser.

Top Bottom