C

Cr122

August, 11, 2010 Aug 118:00AM CT

By Tim MacMahon

Bennett didn’t play in the Hall of Fame Game because the Cowboys wanted him to rest the ankle that sidelined him for the first week of camp. He sat out Tuesday’s practice and doesn’t seem concerned with whether he’ll play Thursday night against the Oakland Raiders.

“What really counts is the season,” Bennett said. “[Beep], I had a hell of a preseason last year. That [beep] didn’t mean nothing. I had 300 yards or whatever in three games, but that doesn’t mean nothing.

“But what really counts is the season, not the preseason or whatever. I just want to get to the season and do my job.”

“Y’all should have something,” Bennett said. “I’m not out here for no reason. The season didn’t go the way I wanted it to last year, but this here is a whole other season.

“I worked three times as hard as I ever worked in the offseason – on the field, off the field, film room, whatever it is. I’m just grinding right now.”

sbk92

Reaction score
It's not hard, Martellus. Just do what 82 does. Follow his lead and you'll be fine.

sbk92

Reaction score
I was interested to see how Phillips shining effected Bennett. Does he rise up to the challenge or fold under the pressure?

But now his job is safe. All he has to worry about is some undrafted free agent pervert.

C

Cr122

I was interested to see how Phillips shining effected Bennett. Does he rise up to the challenge or fold under the pressure?

But now his job is safe. All he has to worry about is some undrafted free agent pervert.

That's what pisses me off about it.

Now that Phillips is gone, he has no worries.

Now he'll run his mouth about not having to practice and get continuity down with Tony. Why do you think we have training camps Marty? I think he has lingering injuries throughout this year too.

I don't care what he says, he's not conditioned enough to make it the whole year.

Top Bottom