Ronald Leary, G - 1-year tender
Justin Durant, LB - 1-year deal
Sterling Moore, CB - 1-year tender
Cole Beasley, WR - 1-year tender
Chris Jones, P - 1-year tender
Tyler Clutts, FB - 1-year deal
Darrion Weems, T - 1-year tender
Cameron Lawrence, LB - 1-year tender but I have no idea why
*restructures for Tony Romo, Jason Witten, Tyron Smith, Sean Lee, and Orlando Scandrick

Let walk
DeMarco Murray, RB - wants big payday, Cowboys don't blink
Bruce Carter, LB - wants to test open market
Anthony Spencer, DE - Stephen steps in yet again, stops Jerry from paying age
Henry Melton, DT - coaches tried to bench him twice last year, team moves on
Jermey Parnell, T
Nick Hayden, DT
George Selvie, DE
Dwayne Harris, WR
Lance Dunbar, RB - team wants to give Ryan Williams a chance
C.J. Spillman, S
Tony Hills, T
James Anderson, LB
Dekoda Watson, LB - cut
Amobi Okoye, DT - cut
Jakar Hamilton, S - cut
DeVonte Holloman, LB - cut(retired)

UFA
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE - Giants go hard after Suh and let JPP hit free agency. Cowboys put on full court press and Jerry signs the big signing bonus check.
Stephen Paea, DT - Marinelli signs off on the former Bear. Signs 4-year deal.
Perrish Cox, CB - Dez's college teammate will fight for CB job and replaces Dwayne Harris as primary return man; inks 3-year deal.

Draft
Seattle and New England both want to jump here and get a WR. Seattle beats New England this time.
1(27) * pick traded to Seattle for 1st(31st), 4th(127th), and a 2016 4th.
1(31) Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami(Ohio) - Cowboys get the guy they would have taken at 27.
Trader Jerry gets antsy and jumps way up in the 2nd round.
2(43) Paul Dawson, OLB, TCU - They don't want to miss out on this year's Bobby Wagner. Cowboys ecstatic to add another impact player to the defense.
2(60) * pick traded to Cleveland along with 3rd(91) for 2nd(43rd)
3(91) * pick traded to Cleveland
4(124) Rob Havenstein, T, Wisconsin - Team envisions mountain-sized Badger lineman as right tackle of the future.
4(127) Jamil Douglas, G, Arizona State - Team continues to invest heavy in the offensive line.
5(155) Max Valles, LB/DE, Virginia - Redshirt sophomore probably should have stayed in school but Cowboys think he can bulk up and be a pass-rushing end.
7(211) Max Garcia, C/G, Florida - Value too good to pass up on 3rd o-lineman of the weekend. His position flexibility (started games at center, left guard, and left tackle at Florida and Maryland) could allow the team to move on from the higher-priced Mackenzy Bernadeau.
7(218) George Farmer, WR, USC - At Serra High School he was the best prospect on a team that had three future NFL 2nd rounders (Robert Woods, Marqise Lee, Paul Richardson). Position changes and injuries deterred him at USC before he put together a solid 2014 season. He was also the California state champ in the 100-meters(10.40).

June 1st
Brandon Carr, CB - The addition of Perrish Cox and Quinten Rollins, plus Carr's huge cap number, makes this a no-brainer.

The team takes that additional cap room and signs the recently reinstated and released Adrian Peterson. Peterson signs a 3-year deal in a move that many around the league will cry foul.

Starters
QB Tony Romo
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Dez Bryant
WR Terrance Williams
TE Jason Witten
TE Gavin Escobar
LT Tyron Smith
LG Ronald Leary
C Travis Frederick
RG Zack Martin
RT Doug Free

LDE Jason Pierre-Paul
3T Tyrone Crawford
1T Stephen Paea
RDE Demarcus Lawrence
SAM Paul Dawson
MIKE Rolando McClain
WILL Sean Lee
LCB Quinten Rollins
SS Barry Church
FS J.J. Wilcox
RCB Orlando Scandrick

Reaction score
I actually love that whole off season.

Although I'd be fine with letting McClain walk.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You knocked it out of the park cmd. Like it! Don't think the JPP is realistic or the Giants getting Suh, in fact the Giants already mentioned that they will franchise JPP... so what would be our Plan B? Like the Paea and Cox additions.

Like the draft, but one too may OL. Like the first two OL icks, the other is overkill.

Getting rid of Carr... that in itself is one of the best offseason moves by this team. Then getting Peterson.. nice consolation prize --- doesn't fumble as much as Murray. Would still like to keep Dunbar.

Like Midswat, I'd be fine with letting McClain walk.

I looked at Matt Miller's 7-round mock that you have listed, and I would switch out Rollins for Holliman FS, and no move backs --- just keep our picks. Which means we would probably move Wilcox to SS, where I think he could excel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice write-up cmd.

Not sure that any team would sign Anthony Spencer to a high dollar deal. Perhaps he wouldn't be too expensive to retain as a role-player, just to keep him in the rotation/mix.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think cmd needlessly goes heavy on the Oline at all.

Leary is playing with degenerative knees and is only above average (because he's streaky as hell) anyways; and then you slash the payroll replacing Free's 3-4 mil a year that he's likely to receive with a new deal with a rookie, 4th round contract.

It's also not like the line can't be improved at all. We weren't nearly as good protecting the QB as we were the RBs.

Great mock, Cristopher.

Top Bottom