sbk92

Reaction score
It was? I didn't know until now. lol

Means nothing. It's not funny unless you're ignorant to the process.

I wouldn't pay attention to what any player says a year away from making that decision. And especially one who ends up being the consensus slam dunk 1st pick overall. I couldn't even count the amount of players who have said they were staying only to declare when it's time to make it official.

C

Cr122

Means nothing. It's not funny unless you're ignorant to the process.

I wouldn't pay attention to what any player says a year away from making that decision. And especially one who ends up being the consensus slam dunk 1st pick overall. I couldn't even count the amount of players who have said they were staying only to declare when it's time to make it official.

Well, it would surprise me if Luck decided to stay in school, because as you mentioned this will probably be the last year before there's a rookie salary cap.

sbk92

Reaction score
Well, it would surprise me if Luck decided to stay in school, because as you mentioned this will probably be the last year before there's a rookie salary cap.

Any player who has Luck's kind of grade and is a certain #1 pick in the draft is an idiot if they stay in school.

You are throwing away a year's salary and risking much more should you suffer an injury. Hell, you could stay healthy and just have a bit of a down year and you've cost yourself millions.

It sounds good to say education is so imporant, I promised my parents, I want to have something to fall back on, yada yada yada. It's a simple business decision. Set yourself up for life first, then worry about the education you'll never need.

sbk92

Reaction score
I sure hope Sam Bradford has a safety net in place. That 50 million guaranteed only goes so far.

I mean, what if he wants to feed his family gold bricks?

Reaction score
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/index.htm#ixzz19NTRPRYT

Get an education first and then worry about getting paid more than you could ever know what to do with.

It's like that in the NBA as well. Not an NBA fan, but I do remember an ESPN segment on how many of the young athelete millionaires are broke not long after their careers are over.

Reasons covered were most black atheletes come from poor backgrounds, have no experience with money, live disgustingly beyond their means, take care of their "posse's" and other hanger-oners, think the money will never end, get taken advantage of by shitty "financial advisors". . . etc etc etc.

Andrew Luck goes to Stanford and has a 3.5 GPA. He's a smart kid. He isn't some dumb jock going to DA U and having some co-ed write his papers. Plus, he could drool on himself and draw plays with crayons at the Combine and he'd still end up the #1 selection.

You're not going to go bust after that kind of payday, when you're that smart a kid.

Cythim

Reaction score
I think it depends on what happens with Harbaugh. If the coach leaves, especially to a team like San Fran or Carolina who could end up drafting him then I think Luck goes as well.

Top Bottom