dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a surprise.

DT Ross is 6'4 and about 360 and supposedly had a good workout, I read 12 teams attended but it didn't list them.

I think we worked out the RB from SMU at one point but cant find where I read it.

I found something that said the UNC OLB Lipford was going to sign with the Whiners. He's had multiple ACL injuries.

No picks in supplemental draft

Updated: July 10, 2014, 2:34 PM ET

By John Clayton | ESPN.com

For the second consecutive year, the NFL supplemental draft did not have a player selected.

Last year, 32 NFL teams passed on six eligible candidates for the supplemental draft. This year, teams elected not to use a draft choice on four candidates.

The four players were New Mexico wide receiver/running back Chase Clayton, North Carolina linebacker Darius Lipford, Virginia Lynchburg defensive tackle LeKendrick Ross and SMU running back Traylon Shead. They now become free agents who can sign with any team.

The last time a player was taken in the supplemental draft was 2012. The Cleveland Browns used a second-round choice to select wide receiver Josh Gordon.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Money is a issue for alot of teams, and they can get these guys more economically as free agents than they can committing to draft status, even supplemental.

Reaction score
Remember years ago there was a big fuss over some Georgia Tech running back that went into the sup draft and a lot of cowboys fans wanted to take him.

I think he went to Houston and disappeared.

Top Bottom