dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tim Irvin commits to Longhorns

Updated: January 3, 2015, 7:42 PM ET

By Max Olson | ESPN.com

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Tim Irvin, the nephew of former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin, announced Saturday at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl that he will play at Texas.

He will be joined on the Longhorns by his friend, ESPN 300 tight end Devonaire Clarington, the No. 75 recruit in the country who picked Texas over Miami, Florida and LSU.

Tim Irvin, a defensive back, had a 35-yard punt return to set up the game's first points on a field goal by Georgia commit Rodrigo Blankenship, and LSU commit Derrius Guice had two long touchdown receptions to help the West beat the East 39-36 Saturday.

Tim Irvin, nephew of former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin, announced Saturday that he will attend Texas.

Michael Irvin, who played collegiately at Miami, was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2007.

His nephew, who will enroll early Jan. 12, decided on Texas over Auburn and Miami. He plans to play nickel and return kicks for the Longhorns.

"I figured it out this morning after talking to my parents when we were coming into the stadium," Irvin said. "Texas is going to be the right spot for me."

Reaction score
I remember seeing his sons on his hall of fame speech and they looked like fat slobs.

Reaction score
Texas has been getting some impressive recruits committing lately. Moving on up the rankings.

Top Bottom