dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mayock calls Carson Wentz the draft’s best quarterback

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 10, 2016, 3:54 PM EST

It’s primary season in the NFL draft campaign, and North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz just picked up a big endorsement.

Mike Mayock of NFL Network came out with his first draft rankings of the year, and Wentz is atop Mayock’s quarterback list.

Jared Goff of Cal and Paxton Lynch of Memphis are, as expected, ranked second and third. Michigan State’s Connor Cook and Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott round out the Top 5.

The Titans, owners of the first overall pick, won’t draft a quarterback this year after drafting Marcus Mariota last year. But they could be looking to deal their pick to a team that falls in love with Wentz, Goff or Lynch.

Among teams that may consider a first-round quarterback are the Browns at No. 2, the Cowboys at No. 4, the 49ers at No. 7, the Bears at No. 11, the Eagles at No. 13 and the Rams at No. 15. The Titans would love it if one quarterback emerges as the clear-cut top prospect, and some of those teams start a bidding war for the top pick. Mayock thinks that top quarterback will be Wentz.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What if Wetz is gone? I think I might still pass on Goff for Lynch.

May very well be gone.

Lynch is definitely intriguing, though I like Goff too.

I'm happy if we come away with anyone of the top-3, and maybe top-4 (Cook) depending on how he checks out. I wouldn't take Cook at 4 however.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting we target this guy as the savior at QB, but does anyone think TCU's Trevone Boykins could be another Russell Wilson? Dude has a rocket for an arm and isn't that bad for playing QB for only 2 years. Is short as well. Maybe 6 feet.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting we target this guy as the savior at QB, but does anyone think TCU's Trevone Boykins could be another Russell Wilson? Dude has a rocket for an arm and isn't that bad for playing QB for only 2 years. Is short as well. Maybe 6 feet.

Rule #1 regarding the selection of a QB:

If he has a 10 cent head, don't draft him.

This guy did something beyond stupid recently. I suspect he wont get drafted.

Top Bottom