cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2015 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Post-Super Bowl Projections | Bleacher Report

1st round
The Pick: Free Safety Gerod Holliman, Louisville
Gerod Holliman had 14 interceptions in 2014. The Dallas Cowboys, as a team, had 18 in three more games. An upgrade across the board is needed on defense, but they were able to win an NFC East title without a great player on defense. That has to change in 2015.

The Cowboys do need help at defensive end, defensive tackle and linebacker, but the strategy has to be drafting the best available player on defense. And that's Holliman. The redshirt sophomore center fielder has the range, instincts and hands to be a playmaker on defense. He won't put many running backs in the dirt as a run defender, but he'll be a Devin McCourty-type of free safety who teams will fear in the passing game.

2nd round
28. Dallas—DT Michael Bennett, Ohio State
A pass-rusher is important for Dallas to add here and in future rounds. Bennett will be an impact player but falls because he's scheme-specific to the 4-3.

3rd round
27. Dallas—T Daryl Williams, Oklahoma

4th round
28. Dallas—RB Buck Allen, USC

5th round
27. Dallas—DE Geneo Grissom, Oklahoma

7th round
19. Dallas—WR Levi Norwood, Baylor
26. Dallas—RB Dominique Brown, Louisville

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
same players available, I'd go:

1st Nate Orchard DE Utah
2nd Michael Bennett DT Ohio State
3rd Kevin White CB TCU
4th Anthony Harris S Virginia
5th Shane Carden QB East Carolina
7th Jeff Luc MLB Cincinnati
7th Max Garcia C/G Florida

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind grabbing a top flight safety in the first.

Lawrence and Crawford are cornerstones we can build the line around. But I definitely think we need bodies at DT.

Top Bottom