Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/tel...WP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content= Page Six

success... not playing with Tony Romo
Last Updated: 8:34 AM, September 28, 2012
Posted: 11:54 PM, September 27, 2012
Martellus Bennett — who’s caught TD passes in the Giants’ first three games this season but insists he’s “unimpressed” — revealed his secret to success is . . . not playing with Tony Romo. A spy says that the 6-foot-6 Bennett dropped by Old Homestead Steakhouse the other night with teammate Michael Coe and that the tight end was overheard telling a waiter that he now has a better quarterback throwing to him. According to a spy, Bennett was saying, “Romo isn’t in the same league as Eli Manning. Not even close.” (Bennett had zero touchdown catches for the Cowboys last season.) New York’s new fan favorite hit the meat mecca, “smiled for pics and signed napkins and receipts” for impressed fans all night.

Reaction score
Sure. It has nothing to do with your lack of work ethic.

What a complete piece of garbage.

Guess he'll take Brandon Jacobs place in my "Giants I wish would sustain career ending injuries" list.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sure. It has nothing to do with your lack of work ethic.

What a complete piece of garbage.

Guess he'll take Brandon Jacobs place in my "Giants I wish would sustain career ending injuries" list.

I like it.

I hope he keeps this up. THe more he builds himself up and the media builds him up early in the season up there, the bigger the kick to the nuts will be when it all plays out.

Reaction score
Well, that's the thing... he has the natural talent to be a very good TE.

He literally just never applied himself in Dallas because he wasn't the #1 tight end.

So he'll likely go on to be a 50 catch, 5-8 TE a year for the next 6-7 years, and people will be all like "OMG DALLAS LET HIM GO!" when in reality it just never wouldn't worked for him in Dallas.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Well, that's the thing... he has the natural talent to be a very good TE.

He literally just never applied himself in Dallas because he wasn't the #1 tight end.

So he'll likely go on to be a 50 catch, 5-8 TE a year for the next 6-7 years, and people will be all like "OMG DALLAS LET HIM GO!" when in reality it just never wouldn't worked for him in Dallas.

yep.

All true

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I hope he keeps this up. THe more he builds himself up and the media builds him up early in the season up there, the bigger the kick to the nuts will be when it all plays out.

Yep.
"OMG,the Cowboys are stupid cause Marty B's the next Bavaro/Shockey and Romo can't play as good as Eli".
Scoreboard,assholes.
It's ours for now.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He is going to play himself to a huge contract extension with the Giants.

And then get content and return to his normal, goofy, inconsistent self.

Reaction score

I don't think the Giants would overpay him. Or even pay him a healthy salary.

Mike Pope is good at finding TE's.

Reaction score

The giants don't over pay for the marginal talent. They've been able to restock around Eli and remain competitive

Plaxico, toomer, s. smith, shockey, boss, tiki, Jacobs
to
Nicks, cruz, reuben randle, Marty, bradshaw, brown

Not to Be a :UVAwahoo but imagine if we didn't accumulate all that re-signed dead money and picked up some solid vets on the line

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The giants don't over pay for the marginal talent. They've been able to restock around Eli and remain competitive

Plaxico, toomer, s. smith, shockey, boss, tiki, Jacobs
to
Nicks, cruz, reuben randle, Marty, bradshaw, brown

Not to Be a :UVAwahoo but imagine if we didn't accumulate all that re-signed dead money and picked up some solid vets on the line

Such as...

according to the Giant, be cheap and easy way, of course.

Reaction score
Such as...

according to the Giant, be cheap and easy way, of course.

What?

The giants OL is made up of one blue-chipper and a possible good starter(beatty(who I liked)), and filler. The diffrrence is they have good coaching and don't get exploited.

In every big loss we have our OL just gets worked and it's a mess. We don't ever have the ability to scheme around them, we need sure things to stop the obvious reason that keeps ending our seasons.

The giants and cowboys have been similarly talented over the years. But the coaching edge is so one-sided We need all the help we can get.

Reaction score
Garrett with Butch Davis. Fitting.

axo1z5

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What?

The giants OL is made up of one blue-chipper and a possible good starter(beatty(who I liked)), and filler. The diffrrence is they have good coaching and don't get exploited.

In every big loss we have our OL just gets worked and it's a mess. We don't ever have the ability to scheme around them, we need sure things to stop the obvious reason that keeps ending our seasons.

The giants and cowboys have been similarly talented over the years. But the coaching edge is so one-sided We need all the help we can get.

What solid vets could we have signed?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We just talked about this.

Scott wells, center
Chris Myers, center
Brian waters, guard
Ben Grubbs, guard

Hell we could've had nicks of not for the RW11 or MB3 dead money

Myers wasn't leaving Houston.
Waters = headcase.
Grubbs = 7mil a year
Wells = injured

Reaction score
What are you babbling about?

1. If we gave him 1$ more
2. He played well
3. Better spent on him than what were currently paying T.O.
4. Woicick

Top Bottom