sbk92

Reaction score
NOLAN MURPHY - GARY, IN: I haven't heard much lately about the Cowboys' true need, which is cornerback. Are they seriously overlooking Prince Amukamara, or is this a decoy move?

Nick: Well, I'm not sure they believe that is their true need. I know I don't think that's the case. They've got two three-year vets and a nine-year pro who is better than both of them. I wouldn't call that a flat-out need. That being said, if they did really like Prince, who would know? It's not going to come out from the Cowboys' camp. I don't know how you would say they've overlooked him or that they like him. The Cowboys haven't really commented strongly about any player. It's all media-driven and speculations of mock drafts.

Josh: What makes you think they're overlooking him? I know the mock drafts have mostly been going in a different direction, but those really don't mean anything. I'm not sure cornerback is their "true need," as you put it, anyway. There are a lot of different directions they can go with that pick.

ASA BALZ - TEMPLE, TX: If Oregon's Casey Matthews is around when our second-round pick comes, would it be wise to consider his pedigree as well as the age of our inside linebackers and concern of injury with Sean Lee?

Nick: Wouldn't be the worst idea ever. It might actually be a good one. I don't know much about Matthews, although he seemed to be rather productive in the national title game against Auburn. While he looks undersized, he's really not. At 6-1, 230, that's a good size for an inside backer, especially knowing that he'll probably beef up about 10-15 pounds. Then you throw in the Cowboys' needs at the position and his pedigree and I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys went that route in the second round.

Josh: It would make some sense to consider him, yeah. I really don't know how much the pedigree matters to them, but I can't imagine they are discounting it completely, because all of those guys have been hard workers and very good players. I would say if he has the exact same grade as another inside linebacker, take Matthews. But while the position is definitely a need - and will be an even bigger need next year - I don't know that they should take one as high as round two, because the Cowboys probably need their second pick to start this year.

C

Cr122

F ing corner whore fans. :frustrate

The game is won in the trenches, that's where we need improvement.

I can live with our corners for now. I don't want to pick a corner in the top ten.

You'll find plenty of corners later in the draft.

sbk92

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how anyone can even think of that. Even if you're all about the secondary.

How the hell can you think Newman, Jenkins and Scandrick is worse than Free and Colombo. Because that's what you have to be saying to believe corner is our top need. That Colombo is better than Scandrick. There's nothing else in the pipeline at both positions, so depth behind those players doesn't factor in.

Yes, I'm counting the nickel corner as a starter because he pretty much is these days.

C

Cr122

And as much as some fans hate Ball at corner he provides a little more depth.

He's better than nothing. I'm not a fan of Ball, but hey.

Plymkr

Reaction score
No, No, No Nolan Murphy.

You got it all wrong.

Newman and Scandrick and Jenkins are the CORNERSTONES of this Dallas defense.

Hell, old man river Newman (who was even OLD when drafted), the injury prone , INT (LOL) machine?
Then, you have the "hitter" Jenkins, who "always" makes the right decisions?
And last, but, not certainly not least, THE ORLANDO SCANDRICK, who hell is just a gift, I tell ya,. He just shuts players down. Don't believe me? Ask Steve Smith of the Giants.

These are players you can build a defense around, man, can't ya see that.

You can't either? Hmm, these dumbasses in here sure can.

hehe

Dallas should DEFINATELY be lookin at dbs as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how anyone can even think of that. Even if you're all about the secondary.

How the hell can you think Newman, Jenkins and Scandrick is worse than Free and Colombo. .

Its way past time you let go of this "worst" of anything and Free in the same sentence.

He's a good player. Alot of teams would probably try to sign him if he doesnt get a good deal here.

Colombo is awful however, and has to be replaced.

Top Bottom