sbk92

Reaction score
Posted by rphillips at 8/11/2010 1:46 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Wade Phillips is hopeful most of his injured players will be back for the Aug. 21 game at San Diego. There's a long list that won't play Thursday against the Raiders, though, according to Phillips:

Rookie LB Sean Lee, rookie S Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, TE Martellus Bennett, rookie DE Sean Lissemore, S Pat Watkins, CB Cletis Gordon, OT Alex Barron.

G Montrae Holland and rookie TE Scott Sicko are also unlikely to play.

Rookie WR Dez Bryant and DE Marcus Spears are still out for multiple weeks. TE John Phillips will miss the season with a torn ACL.

The Cowboys will play their starters more than in the opener, but likely less than a half. Younger players will again get the bulk of the reps and with all these injuries, the Cowboys will have to get creative at positions like tight end.

sbk92

Reaction score
My question is do Lee and AOA really need the game off or is this just Wade being a woman again?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My question is do Lee and AOA really need the game off or is this just Wade being a woman again?

No. He's covering his ass. What if either gets injured in this next game, where is the blame going to fall on? Wade. People will sit up and ask why did Wade "rush" them back so soon?

C

Cr122

No. He's covering his ass. What if either gets injured in this next game, where is the blame going to fall on? Wade. People will sit up and ask why did Wade "rush" them back so soon?

And the same goes for Bryant and Spears IMO.

sbk92

Reaction score

I wouldn't blame Wade. Not if they were cleared by the medical staff. That's what they're there for.

If you coach scared like that, you'll never win. Injuries happen. I understand managing injuries so they don't become a season long deal but you can't forfeit development time completely for fear of injury. Both those guys need to get on the field and experience the NFL while it still doesn't count.

C

Cr122

The more I don't see Lee on the field, the more worried I become of his career in the NFL.

I'll admit I was on the Lee train even before the draft, but him sitting out and not getting playing time will only hurt his chances of playing this year.

Now, I am sure it will happen soon enough, but the more he misses during TC and these preseason games the more I think he won't help us until next year.

sbk92

Reaction score
The more I don't see Lee on the field, the more worried I become of his career in the NFL.

I'll admit I was on the Lee train even before the draft, but him sitting out and not getting playing time will only hurt his chances of playing this year.

Now, I am sure it will happen soon enough, but the more he misses during TC and these preseason games the more I think he won't help us until next year.

For me it's my Penn St. bias. I just would never draft a Nittany Lion. Their bust rate seems high to me.

Lee looks like a player. He's exceptionally smart and tough. There's no reason why he can't do what he's going to be asked to do in this defense. And he's got a good teacher well versed in the scheme.

So then how does he fail, is what I ask myself. Oh, looky here. He can't stay on the field.

I think Bryant and Owusu-Ansah develop into big time pro bowl talents. Lee flashes when he's on the field but has his career cut short because of the knees. And the rest of the class is as worthless as tits on a nun.

I do think maybe Gronkowski, Sicko and/or one of the UDFA safeties could stick too. So all in all, not bad. Good, in fact.

C

Cr122

For me it's my Penn St. bias. I just would never draft a Nittany Lion. Their bust rate seems high to me.

Lee looks like a player. He's exceptionally smart and tough. There's no reason why he can't do what he's going to be asked to do in this defense. And he's got a good teacher well versed in the scheme.

So then how does he fail, is what I ask myself. Oh, looky here. He can't stay on the field.

I think Bryant and Owusu-Ansah develop into big time pro bowl talents. Lee flashes when he's on the field but has his career cut short because of the knees. And the rest of the class is as worthless as tits on a nun.

I do think maybe Gronkowski, Sicko and/or one of the UDFA safeties could stick too. So all in all, not bad. Good, in fact.

I think one of those safeties that will make the team is Barry Church. He's got skills.Thankfully it is not Lee's knees that is keeping him out right now.

But yes there's always that chance of it happening at some other point in the season. I personally think he's over knee problems. But, hey I'm wrong to a lot of times.

C

Cr122

No, I would think Dr.Jerry would get some blame as well. He seems to know everything about our players medical reports and analysis.

Top Bottom