C

Cr122

Jon Gruden: Why Giants are capable of winning 11 or 12 games
Posted at 11:27 AM on Tue., Aug. 17, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
SportsDayDFW.com sports Bio | E-mail | News tips

ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden said Monday (via SI.com) that he likes the New York Giants this season.

Said Gruden: "The Giants swept the Dallas Cowboys last year, their three receivers are no longer unknowns and I think they are going to be a lot better on defense. I like their first four games (vs. Carolina, at Indy, vs. Tennessee, vs. Chicago) and three of them are at home. I think they'll get off to a good start, and I think they are capable of winning 11 or 12 games.

C

Cr122

I hate to say it but they do have an easier schedule that could lead to a possible 12 wins this year.

And they have Kenny Phillips back this year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate to say it but they do have an easier schedule that could lead to a possible 12 wins this year.

And they have Kenny Phillips back this year.

Have you even looked at their schedule? Their schedule is nearly the exact mirror of the Cowboys. The only difference is that they face the Panthers---who destroyed them last year and dashed their playoff hopes, and we face the Saints. They face the Seahawks on the road, and we face the Cardinals onm the road. The Seahawks ' game is not a gimme, and I see them being second in that division behind the 49ers. I think the Seahawks are a better team than the Cardinals.

Other than that they faced the Vikings, Packers, Colts, and Texans on the road like the Cowboys, and they face the Bears and Titans at home, like the Cowboys.

Reaction score
The Giants will finish 2nd in the division, but I don't see them winning 11 or 12 games.

And that first four game stretch is pretty brutal. They could easily start 1-3.

Top Bottom