JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what the 4th Amendment says? Why is email any different than a letter?

The Internal Revenue Service believes it doesn’t need permission to root through emails, texts or other forms of electronic correspondence, according to recently released internal agency documents.

The documents, which were obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by the American Civil Liberties Union, reveal that tax department agents have been operating under the assumption that they can bypass warrants. The ACLU claims this would in turn violate the Fourth Amendment.

According to a 2009 IRS employee handbook, though, the tax agency said the Fourth Amendment does not protect emails because Internet users don’t “have a reasonable expectation of privacy in such communications.”

A lawyer for the agency reiterated the policy in 2010. And the current online version of the IRS manual says that no warrant is required for emails that are stored by an Internet storage provider for more than 180 days.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...arrant-internal-documents-show/#ixzz2QFqEB1Bo

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unless you are emailing from work you can darn well believe I expect those to be private correspondence and I have an expectation of privacy. Internet posts, blogs, etc ok but private emails BS.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing wrong with this IRS

Quick, somebody remind me again how many new IRS agent jobs Obama-nist has added?

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
16,000 new agents just to enforce the Obama care taxes

But the way, they sure have purchased a shit load of guns and ammunition to "help" enforce the new regs.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
you can darn well believe I expect those to be private correspondence and I have an expectation of privacy.

This is wrong. You cannot expect privacy. The government has determined you have no right to privacy regarding electronic correspondence, so you are incorrect. That was the entire purpose of posting the topic.

Reaction score
This is wrong. You cannot expect privacy. The government has determined you have no right to privacy regarding electronic correspondence, so you are incorrect. That was the entire purpose of posting the topic.

My expectations are what they are but according to the law you quoted that only applies to unopened correspondence not stored/saved. I think the law needs to be changed.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Economy - stimulated.

You're welcome.

Believe_zps28354c6a.jpg

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Economy - stimulated.

You're welcome.

Are you serious?
Of course not,I already knew you got a black belt in non sense.
Look fag,16k government jobs do not stimulate the economy.
They have to tax YOU to pay them...how's that a stimulus?
Do they produce anything?...no.
All they do is find ways to take YOUR money to pay themselves without producing anything.
Economic stimulus resides in the creation of products and services,the exchange of value for value.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
This is far more worrisome than any gun legislation that is being bandied about at the moment.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-Douglas Adams

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This is far more worrisome than any gun legislation that is being bandied about at the moment.

agreed. but things like gay marriage and gun control take away what little attention span the public has today. it's intentional.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
agreed. but things like gay marriage and gun control take away what little attention span the public has today. it's intentional.

Well, exactly. Which is what I said before everyone got spun up about defending us against the Chinese invasion

Top Bottom