JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
So who is in favor of granting amnesty to illegal aliens? At the same time we refuse to secure our borders, Obama's administration has decided to further cut active patrols. He has not cut funding for advertising all the free shit the taxpayers are forced to give illegals as a reward for breaking the law. The administration appears they would rather pay paper pushers, promote illegal immigration, and cut support for security as his amnesty for criminals nears.

Regarding the upcoming amnesty...Most people I know in conservative circles are in favor of reforming our immigration policy and procedures, just as we were for reform of the medical industry. Reform does not mean doubling down on the problems and failing to address the issues. Just like Obama-care the democrats, now with additional misguided support by a few Republicans, have decided to double down on the problems associated illegals and refuse to address the real issues.

Since the 1980's and the amnesty by Reagan congress has lied over and over regarding enforcement of our borders and existing law. A blanket "pathway to citizenship" aka amnesty will not help the current unemployment or fiscal crisis, nor will it help with the security of our nation. So I ask all of you, what steps should we take to secure our borders and to deal with those that have broken the law? Where can the left and right come together to address these issues?

As the immigration reform Gang of Eight inside the Beltway prepares to announce a deal later this week, claiming border security will come before a path to citizenship for millions of illegals, Border Patrol agents have seen illegal border crossings double and warn the cutting of agent work hours will only result in less border security, not more.

"We've seen the number of illegal aliens double, maybe even triple since amnesty talk started happening," an agent told Townhall, who asked to remain unnamed due to fears of retaliation within Customs and Border Protection [CBP], something he said is common. "A lot of these people, although not the majority, are criminals or aggravated felons. This is a direct danger to our communities."

Data obtained by Townhall and reported within CBP from February 5 through March 1, 2013 shows 504 illegal aliens were spotted exploiting the Tucson/Nogales area, 189 were caught on CBP intelligence cameras. Of those 504, only 174 were apprehended and 32 of the 189 on camera were carrying large drug load packs for Mexican cartels. Some were armed with AK-47 style weapons.

Last week, Fox News reported sections of the border will soon become unpatrolled as hours for on-the-ground agents are cut. Townhall has learned Border Patrol agents working the border have been fully funded, yet internal political battles within CBP may be causing funds to be funneled to managers, rather than those getting their boots dirty on patrols.

"Customs and Border Protection has been given enough money to fully staff the border but has chosen to use the money elsewhere, we believe it is to fund the salaries of Supervisory CBP Officers. The money they are diverting was to go to AUO (Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime) which is actually straight pay and is used to pay Border Patrol Agents for anything past eight hours. Being that we have to maintain staffing 24/7 this is a huge part of border security. The criminals and drugs don't stop coming so we have to make sure we have people out there. Cutting AUO will be a 30% pay cut for our agents but more importantly a minimum 20% loss of staffing out in the field," Vice President of the National Border Patrol Council Shawn Moran tells Townhall. "It is internal politics within CBP and also with immigration reform. There are still battles between legacy Customs, INS, and Border Patrol managers as to the direction CBP takes and how the funds are being used. Meanwhile both parties claim no immigration reform until the border is secured, well this surely will not secure the border."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...-close-to-deal-on-immigration-reform-n1554148

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Fvck amnesty and citizenship, but can we just let them in as legal residents. I mean let's issue a decree, if you are in this country and have a job you are a legal resident. Let's start there.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Thanks jeebus. Should illegals be eligible for tax payer funds to support them? Once upon a time immigrants, before the government decided to ignore the law, were sponsored by a legal family to ensure they would not be a drain on society. My other question is regarding all the people that have put in the time and considerable resources to follow the law. Isn't this a big fuck you to them?

So which law count?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's amazing what getting your ass handed to you in a few elections will do for your opinions on how we should treat minorities.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
This thread has zero to do with the treatment of minorities. Try and keep up junior. Just so you are clear, this is about the problems associated with illegal immigration, security and the economic impact of illegals. For instance, what could California have done with the $10 billion spent annually on illegals every year? Schools, roads, snail studies, mojitos?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully open more In & Outs. When the hunger hits I'm not really trying to sit in line for a half hour. Or at least provide appetizers at the start of the line. Give me some animal style fries or something.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
:thumbsup they are some good burgers for sure. Maybe mojitos at the front of the line?

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
During the 1980s, Reagan signed an Amnesty Bill under the pretense that Congress would make the border more secure. They didn't. You can interpret this anecdote in two ways:

1) Congress failed to live up to their end of the bargain.

2) There's only so much a government can do to keep out illegal immigrants. It's a cautionary tale about the folly of government regulation.

From a Libertarian perspective, loose immigration laws and an influx of new immigrants are not undesirable. They keep down production costs by flooding the market with cheap labor, thereby lowering the cost for the consumer.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
During the 1980s, Reagan signed an Amnesty Bill under the pretense that Congress would make the border more secure. They didn't. You can interpret this anecdote in two ways:

1) Congress failed to live up to their end of the bargain.

2) There's only so much a government can do to keep out illegal immigrants. It's a cautionary tale about the folly of government regulation.

From a Libertarian perspective, loose immigration laws and an influx of new immigrants are not undesirable. They keep down production costs by flooding the market with cheap labor, thereby lowering the cost for the consumer.

At what cost? Forget the crime numbers for a moment...

The numbers of people on unemployment or that have been transferred to "disability" is staggering right now.

Would we be better off having those people work or pay them not to work? Should we pay others to do jobs many of them could do? There is something to be said for a work requirement to receive handouts. It is a multifaceted problem with ties to many other issues.

Add in the costs associated with providing a free education and all the handouts for illegals and the number is significant.

Then there is the issue of tax evasion and the amount of money flowing out of the country never to be seen again.

The cheap labor has little appeal for me because I will only employ citizens, but it does help keep costs down in some industries. I like some of the Australian solution (3 and 6 month worker visas) to immigrant workers, but to enforce such a policy would be impossible because we can not enforce the current laws and visas.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
At what cost? Forget the crime numbers for a moment...

The numbers of people on unemployment or that have been transferred to "disability" is staggering right now.

Would we be better off having those people work or pay them not to work? Should we pay others to do jobs many of them could do? There is something to be said for a work requirement to receive handouts. It is a multifaceted problem with ties to many other issues.

Add in the costs associated with providing a free education and all the handouts for illegals and the number is significant.

Then there is the issue of tax evasion and the amount of money flowing out of the country never to be seen again.

The cheap labor has little appeal for me because I will only employ citizens, but it does help keep costs down in some industries. I like some of the Australian solution (3 and 6 month worker visas) to immigrant workers, but to enforce such a policy would be impossible because we can not enforce the current laws and visas.

From a Libertarian perspective, the solution is -- once again -- less government rather than more government.

The problem you're laying out isn't so much illegal immigration as much as it is a welfare system and government that subsidizes poverty and joblessness. Change that system, and those problems will lessen.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
From a Libertarian perspective, the solution is -- once again -- less government rather than more government.

The problem you're laying out isn't so much illegal immigration as much as it is a welfare system and government that subsidizes poverty and joblessness. Change that system, and those problems will lessen.

agree!

but they are interrelated. Who used to do the crap jobs before the government promised them lots of free stuff?

Now they make more off the tax payers so they refuse to do the jobs they are qualified for and that opens the door for the illegals. If there were no jobs, they would not come, which brings me to employers...

Last edited:

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It's amazing what getting your ass handed to you in a few elections will do for your opinions on how we should treat minorities.

What do you know about being a minority?
It is liberal thinking and policies that have done the most damage to minorities.
First you lower the bar with that bullshit Affirmative Action so it is"fair".
Before that was "The War on Poverty" which resulted in more poverty...wow that is compassionate.
That's the treatment I want,lower the bar(Bigotry of Low Expectations) for me and subsidize my poverty(EBT Cards),stick me in a school system ruled by unions so under performing teachers never get fired and minorities get smacked backwards.
That is how you turn someone into a democratic voter.
I know.
I'm a minority...who ran away from the plantation.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how many cleaning jobs you open up, some people think they're too good for it anyways.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Doesn't matter how many cleaning jobs you open up, some people think they're too good for it anyways.

When they are living in a box maybe they will realize their self worth was a bit inflated. Cut off the deadbeats. Secure the borders and deport illegals if they commit a crime. Punish companies that hire them. We did not get into this self perpetuating mess overnight. It will take a long time to clean up.

Top Bottom