sbk92

Reaction score
By SportsDayDFW.com

Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode was interviewed on 105.3 The Fan to discuss the team and the off-season. Here are some highlights:

Is this the best or worst off-season you’ve ever had in the league?

You know what…from the standpoint of being unsure of everything, it is definitely the worst. It has forced players to come together and get things done. But, everybody is still preparing for the season and there will be a season. We all have a feeling there will be a season. I don’t think anyone has the outlook that there won’t be a season at all. I think everybody has the outlook that there will be a season. I just think that once everybody gets on the same page and everything gets worked out, everybody will move forward and we’ll be playing football soon.

What is the biggest thing that the media and readers are missing about the negotiations between the players and owners?

I think the biggest thing that people are missing is both sides are trying to work to get this done. I read reports that said that one side did this and the other side did that; it’s not just about who…it’s two organizations working together to get this situation resolved because the most important thing to the game is the fans. So, we are working to get this done.

Lots of people are saying the Cowboys will target either offensive line or defensive end in the 2011 draft. Does that sting a little that people think the offensive line is inadequate? What are your thoughts on it?

Those decisions are always made by people in the front office and they always seem to do a great job. If they an offensive lineman, then it’s my job, as a veteran offensive lineman, to make sure, when he comes in, to catch him up. We make sure he’s welcome and we try to win some games because at the end of the day, that’s the position we want to be in; we want to win games and we want to bring the championship to Dallas.

How will a shortened off-season affect this Dallas Cowboys team?

Guys are working and doing things at home. It puts the onus on each player to make sure that when this thing gets done that you’re in shape because you definitely don’t want to go into the season trying to get in shape. You definitely want to be on top of things, so guys will take initiative to work out now and get things done.

What is the biggest thing that has to be different this year for the Cowboys?

The biggest thing that has to change is that we have to keep on improving and working together as a team. I think we started to show – last year towards the end of the season –we were coming together and playing some solid games and we have to improve from the end of the season and to continue that next season.

Martellus Bennett said he hopes Jon Kitna will get a chance to compete against Tony Romo for the starting quarterback position. Do you agree?

In a situation like that: both of them are great guys and both of them are great competitors, I would like to see both of them have a great off-season and when they come into camp, may the best man win. I’m not supporting Martellus because everyone has an opinion, but I am saying that both guys can play the game of football.

Since the team can’t have contact with the players, do veteran players such as yourself take it upon yourselves to reach out to younger players, such as Dez Bryant, and keep them in line?

No, I think we will approach him as a group and we all want the best for Dez and we all will reach out or have reached out to try to get in contact with him and tell him that this is a situation you’re going through and we want you to get through it and get over it and if you need any help to call us and we’ll definitely sit down and talk to you.

C

Cr122

I think the biggest thing that people are missing is both sides are trying to work to get this done. I read reports that said that one side did this and the other side did that; it’s not just about who…it’s two organizations working together to get this situation resolved because the most important thing to the game is the fans. So, we are working to get this done.

LIAR!!

C

Cr122

Those decisions are always made by people in the front office and they always seem to do a great job. If they an offensive lineman, then it’s my job, as a veteran offensive lineman, to make sure, when he comes in, to catch him up. We make sure he’s welcome and we try to win some games because at the end of the day, that’s the position we want to be in; we want to win games and we want to bring the championship to Dallas.

They do? :awkward

Top Bottom