Reaction score
4/6/2011 4:48:57 PM | More

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy is scheduled for private workouts with the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys within the next week, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Per the source, McElroy will have other workouts over the next few weeks.

McElroy began throwing again two weeks ago after recovering from a broken throwing hand suffered during the Senior Bowl.

By all accounts, his Pro Day session on the Alabama campus went well.

"He's pretty healthy now," the source said. "He's been trying to get his arm back in shape."

McElroy scored a 43 on the Wonderlic exam.

---------------

He's a guy I'm hoping we land in the later rounds to compete with McGee.

C

Cr122

Ayuh, I like this kid as well. I know a lot of Cowboy's fans won't agree but McElroy will be at least a solid backup.

I think the kid may start someday as well. He needs a good quarterback coach to help with his mechanics a bit though.

Reaction score
I like McElroy long term better than I like the top 3 or 4 Qb's in this draft.

It might take him four or five years to get ready, but he'll be a winner when the time comes.

Perfect guy to groom under Romo for the next 3-5 years, and make a smooth transition when Romo retires.

C

Cr122

I like McElroy long term better than I like the top 3 or 4 Qb's in this draft.

It might take him four or five years to get ready, but he'll be a winner when the time comes.

Perfect guy to groom under Romo for the next 3-5 years, and make a smooth transition when Romo retires.

The QB's I like for us in this draft are Dalton and McElroy.

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we draft him, it'll probably just be a favor to his dad who works for the team at some marketing level. I personally don't think he has the measurables to make it in the pros.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
If we draft him, it'll probably just be a favor to his dad who works for the team at some marketing level. I personally don't think he has the measurables to make it in the pros.

I'd tend to agree. I'm not that high on him as well. Throw him in the mix with recent Alabama QB's and it's one in the same IMO. (Mike Shula, Jay Barker, John David Phillips, Brodie Croyle, John Parker Wilson)

Smart headsey QB's who lacked certain intagibles to take the next step.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think Dalton will go higher than what we would like to spend on a reserve QB. Plus, I think the staff is still high on McGee.

If McElroy is still there late 5th/early 6th, we may take him just as a courtesy to his father (VP of Marketing or Sales, I forget).

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like that we're looking to bring in a solid young prospect at the QB position, but I'm not a big fan of McElroy.

I just don't think he has the tools to be a solid pro. He wasn't even that impressive of a college QB, so I wouldn't expect much improvement, if any, at the NFL level.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The QB's I like for us in this draft are Dalton and McElroy.

Rather have either Dalton or Kaepernick. If Wade was still here and we drafted Dalton, it'd be a type of Road House: Wade-Garrett and Dalton. Not sure if many of you remember that movie with Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliot. Terry Funk was in that moive as well.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
41574_249876144371_6918552_n.jpg

sbk92

Reaction score
He really is a lot like Garrett coming out.

I'd be shocked if we used a draft pick on a QB this year.

C

Cr122

It is pretty tough to evaluate QB talent, but being smart is a plus.

I don't want some ****** flinging the ball around who can't read defenses.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just say no to drafting a QB this yr.

Once a CBA is done, signing one as a RFA and bringing them to camp to compete is fine.

Top Bottom