Joseph Garcia
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

Position: Fullback
Height/Weight: 6-2/245
College: Arizona
NFL Exp: Rookie
How Acquired: FA-'10
Hometown: Amherst, N.Y.

Fitting In: Gronkowski is the only other fullback on the roster behind fourth-year veteran Deon Anderson. Right now Gronkowski said he is just trying to contribute on special teams, and is trying to get better and help out the offense in any way possible.

So Far: Gronkowski has been working with the second- and third-team offenses in mostly goal line, short yardage and red zone situations. He is also working with Joe DeCamillis and the special teams unit. He said the biggest thing he has learned thus far is that he needs to go hard every play and come out with his mind right and focused.

Best Asset: Versatility is Gronkowski's best asset according to him. He said that the offense can run anything with him in the game, from coming out of the backfield and catching passes to sticking his nose in between the clashing linemen to be the lead blocker. He said it is a package you cannot really design a defense to stop.

You Should Know: Chris is one of five Gronkowski brothers who are athletically inclined, and his father, Gordon, played football at Syracuse. Dan, a tight end, was selected by the Detroit Lions in the 2009 NFL Draft (seventh round, 255th overall). Rob, who played with Chris at Arizona as a tight end, was taken by the New England Patriots (second round, 42nd overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft. Gordie, another older brother, was selected in the 49th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball draft by the Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels. The youngest Gronkowski, Glenn, is the fastest of the group according to Chris and already has a few offers to play football at Division I universities.

A Mouthful: On his brothers beating up one another: "Everyday, with five boys in the family, it was all day, every day. I've got to thank my mom for taking care of us. She went through hell every day."

C

Cr122

lol This family is nuts.

I got a kick out of them on draft day.

Top Bottom