C

Cr122

Wade's Words: Quotes from Phillips' brief post game media session

Here are Wade Phillips' post game comments from the Cowboys 16-7 victory against the Bengals in the Hall of Fame game.

Overview
"I was pleased overall. We wanted to look at our our team and see what we looked like. We would have liked to have done things better in some areas. We got a lot of guys playing. I thought some guys showed up.

On the Defense:
"The defense played really well. We had four turnovers. It's something we have been emphasizing defensively.
Our players know we have a lot of work to do We are still in training camp. We have a game Thursday."

Injuries:

"Injuries certainly knocked us down a little bit in the game. We are down to one tight end and we were out of cornerbacks also.
We had to play Teddy williams at cornerback almost the whole fourth quarter which we didn't plan to do. He did pretty well."

First drive stalled in the red zone:
"15 play drive, thats what you are looking for. We want to get it in the end zone. That is something we need to work on.
We got to get those in. I thought our running game was strong early with Marion and Felix.

Backup quarterback Stephen McGee:
"It's was good experience for Mcgee. He settled down as the game went along. It helped our offense that our defense played well.

Top Bottom