C

Cr122

Fraley - Jerry Jones to Cowboys WR Roy Williams: 'Make some plays'

Jerry Jones to Cowboys WR Roy Williams: 'Make some plays'
Posted at 8:52 PM on Mon., Aug. 16, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The hecklers have turned out for the Dallas Cowboys' practices in Oxnard, Calif. Their target has been wide receiver Roy Williams.

It's a choice based on last year's disappointing showing rather than his camp here. According to owner-general manager Jerry Jones, Williams has excelled during this portion of camp.

Jones was asked what it would take for Williams to get back in the public's good graces.

``Make some plays,'' Jones said. ``I tell guys all along the one place you've got the greatest chance to rehab public opinion, no matter what you're rehabbing, is big plays. Big plays and winning games do wonders about the way people look at you.''

Williams has caught one pass, out of six thrown to him, for 21 yards in exhibition play.

C

Cr122

Roy is a fraud. Not looking like he's going to be able to turn this thing around.

I was excited as hell to get Roy, but not what we traded him for.

I really thought he was going to flourish here, but yeah he's not going to make past this year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fraley - Jerry Jones to Cowboys WR Roy Williams: 'Make some plays'

Jerry Jones to Cowboys WR Roy Williams: 'Make some plays'
Posted at 8:52 PM on Mon., Aug. 16, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The hecklers have turned out for the Dallas Cowboys' practices in Oxnard, Calif. Their target has been wide receiver Roy Williams.

It's a choice based on last year's disappointing showing rather than his camp here. According to owner-general manager Jerry Jones, Williams has excelled during this portion of camp.

Jones was asked what it would take for Williams to get back in the public's good graces.

``Make some plays,'' Jones said. ``I tell guys all along the one place you've got the greatest chance to rehab public opinion, no matter what you're rehabbing, is big plays. Big plays and winning games do wonders about the way people look at you.''

Williams has caught one pass, out of six thrown to him, for 21 yards in exhibition play.

He always excells in camp. Reminds me of another Williams that did that: Randall Williams. And he made a nice areer in doing it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But the thing about Roy is that he simply does not have a clue to his situation. He's a primping narcissist.

C

Cr122

He always excells in camp. Reminds me of another Williams that did that: Randall Williams. And he made a nice areer in doing it.

The thing with Roy is during the regular season he may have a few catches that turns your head, and then he comes back with a play or catch that makes you want to strangle him.

He's never consistent and he never will be here. I don't know what happened to him he was good in Detroit with Kitna.

Reaction score
The thing with Roy is during the regular season he may have a few catches that turns your head, and then he comes back with a play or catch that makes you want to strangle him.

He's never consistent and he never will be here. I don't know what happened to him he was good in Detroit with Kitna.

I think he dominated much of his life based on pure athletic ability. And he coasted.

I don't think he loved the game, or really ever worked hard at it.

And I don't think that is something you can just turn on at this point in his career.

Top Bottom