sbk92

Reaction score
Dallas Morning News writer Gerry Fraley answered your Cowboys questions during practice Tuesday. Join our writers during each Cowboys camp practice this month. Some highlights of the chat:

On if Dez Bryant has the walking boot off? No. Should come off on Friday. At that point, a rehab plan will be set. He's at the workout, catching light throws without moving and playing to the crowd.

On RB Tashard Choice: Choice did not show much during the San Antonio portion of camp. He came alive vs. Cincinnati. He needs to block better to get more plays.

On how TE John Phillips being out for year affects the offense: Not a huge loss. For all of his skills, he was the No. 3 tight end who had fewer than 75 plays last season. it does create more of a need for Martellus Bennett to produce. The Cowboys no longer have a backup plan if he fails.

On Tony Romo's primary focus in the off-season?: Back-shoulder throws seemed to be a big item with him.

How long do you expect the first team offense and defense to play on Thursday?: Maybe two series. I'm surprised Kitna received only three series vs. Cincinnati. He needs the work.

Is Kyle Kosier the back up center?: Yes, but that seems like a shaky plan. If he moves to center, someone else (Holland) moves to guard. That means changing two positions because of one injury.

Does S Barry Church have a chance to make the team?: Yes, very good chance. He's much better than the Cowboys thought in coverage and is a special-teams prospect.

If Favre does not come back how far do you see Dallas going in the playoffs?: At least NFC title game.

Why didn't Wade allow Buehler to try that 53-yard FG against the Bengals last Sunday?: Good question. Wade said he was making calls with winning the game as his top priority. He wanted to pin the Bengals in their end with a punt rather than risk giving them good field position on a missed kick.

On if S Akwasi Owusu-Ansah gets in the game Thursday: I'd say a good chance. He knows his assignments, which encouraged the coaching staff. Some guys out this long freeze when they finally get on the field. He did not miss a beat in practice.

C

Cr122

Does S Barry Church have a chance to make the team?: Yes, very good chance. He's much better than the Cowboys thought in coverage and is a special-teams prospect.

Just as I expected.

C

Cr122

If Favre does not come back how far do you see Dallas going in the playoffs?: At least NFC title game.

That's where I predicted us to go, but if we make it that far and lose, I'll be pissed.

C

Cr122

Why didn't Wade allow Buehler to try that 53-yard FG against the Bengals last Sunday?: Good question. Wade said he was making calls with winning the game as his top priority. He wanted to pin the Bengals in their end with a punt rather than risk giving them good field position on a missed kick.

Because they know he'll struggle in that range. He's still off in his accuracy.

Top Bottom