C

Cr122

Favre news doesn't register with Brooking, Cowboys teammates

09:35 PM CDT on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

By GERRY FRALEY / The Dallas Morning News
gfraley@dallasnews.com

OXNARD, Calif. – In October, quarterback Brett Favre will be foremost in the thoughts of Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking.

On Tuesday, news of another swerve by Favre and his likely return to the Minnesota Vikings barely registered with Brooking.

"Brett Favre is not high up on my priority list right now," Brooking said. "I don't even know which week we play them, but whatever week we do he'll be No. 1. We've got a lot of other work to do now."

In a divisional playoff game last season, Favre infuriated Brooking by throwing an 11-yard touchdown pass with 1:55 remaining, the final score in a 34-3 rout of the Cowboys. The Cowboys are scheduled to meet Favre again at Minnesota on Oct. 17.

The Vikings "obviously get a lot better when they have him," tight end Jason Witten said. Quarterback Tony Romo feigned indignation.

"I can't believe he's still playing; he's got no ability left," joked Romo, who turned serious about his boyhood hero.

"He's going to be a good test. He's a great player. It's going to be fun to play those guys this year."

Favre is 3-9 lifetime, including playoffs, against the Cowboys. In those games, all starts, he has thrown for 22 touchdowns with 11 interceptions and a 58.2 percent completion rate.

"Is he coming back to play for the Cowboys?" wide receiver Roy Williams said. "This doesn't affect us at all. We're going to play against good quarterbacks all year long."

Coach Wade Phillips had one question about the news of Favre with Minnesota.

"Wasn't he already there?" Phillips asked.

• • •

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I want the defense to end Favre's career this time around. I want it to be something uber gay too. Something like a torn taint.

Top Bottom