C

Cr122

Time To See More From Brewster
Posted by nickeatman at 8/15/2010 8:37 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Just watching these preseason games, it seems like Robert Brewster has struggled. Not saying I have a John-Madden eye for offensive tackles, but over the first two games, he’s stood out a few times and not always in a good way.

But every coach and scout you ask, they all the same thing. The same thing Cowboys VP Stephen Jones told me after practice Sunday, minutes after Marc Colombo’s knee injury.

“I don’t know what everyone is talking about . . . we think he’s playing well,” Jones said of Brewster. “The scouts like what he’s doing. The coaches like what he’s doing. He’s done a good job for us.”

And now we’ll probably see a lot more from him.

Now, who knows if Alex Barron (ankle) will return this week and if so, does he start at right tackle? He’s played it before but not with the Cowboys.

Or do the Cowboys give Brewster or Sam Young a chance to start?

Either way, Brewster will play a lot more and we’ll be able to find out for ourselves just how well he’s doing.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but when a personnel guy like Stephen Jones tells me something, it completely changes my perception on the player.

L.O.Lz.

C

Cr122

Now, I don't agree with this article either, because what I witnessed with my own eyes was Brewster stinking up the field.

The guy hasn't played football in over a year, he's at best our backup G.

sbk92

Reaction score
Now, I don't agree with this article either, because what I witnessed with my own eyes was Brewster stinking up the field.

The guy hasn't played football in over a year, he's at best our backup G.

Please. The Joneses and their hired yes men say he's actually been playing well.

Completely changes what your eyes see on the field.

C

Cr122

Please. The Joneses and their hired yes men say he's actually been playing well.

Completely changes what your eyes see on the field.

I really don't see why they feel he's done a good job. Are they seeing something different on tape? I doubt it.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm slowly warming up to the idea of Sam Young being a starter... Very slowly.

Ourlad's had him as the 4th most athletic of the 40 tackles they reviewed. However, they acknowledged that his performance at ND didn't match his athletic ability. Maybe he'll get there.

C

Cr122

I'm slowly warming up to the idea of Sam Young being a starter... Very slowly.

Ourlad's had him as the 4th most athletic of the 40 tackles they reviewed. However, they acknowledged that his performance at ND didn't match his athletic ability. Maybe he'll get there.

I thought Sam Young would of helped us at right tackle in the future. I still think he could be a solid backup right tackle.

But I'm not sold on him yet. I have heard and seen some things about Sam Young that would affect his play in the NFL.

Top Bottom