Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Everyone keeps counting out dwayne harris as the third or fourth wr and the return guy.

But if you watch this you will realize he was told to lose weight and get healthy last year which after he did he was active.....he was active out of neccessity a bit though also. but he looked good as the return guy late and hopefully is in the mix for the 3rd and 4th wr spot....

[video=youtube;g_pk8k22JQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pk8k22JQQ[/video]

Reaction score
I'm not counting him out. I've been a Harris fan since the draft. I was in favor of letting Robinson go because of Harris.

The only receiver I want us to grab is Joe Adams. If we can't get him, then so be it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of the guy.

He had a brilliant preseason game where he scored a couple TDs, then you never see him again.

I don't really have any expectations for him going forward. I'd like to get Broyles at some point on Saturday.

Reaction score
He played well in one preseason game against a 2nd and 3rd-team defense, and then disappeared. I think we even cut him at one point, and he wasn't touched by anyone else. So yeah...he's awesome.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He's has nice speed, showed he can move in the open field, I just wonder why he wasn't featured after that nice preseason showing.

Iirc, he took like a 6 yard pass and turned it into a 60 yard TD. Was easily faster than any other player on the field.

Just seemed weird that he was shelved after that.

Reaction score
Not weird at all.

In addition to being a horrible red zone playcaller, Ginger has also shown no ability to integrate multiple weapons into his offense. This has been going on for about 5 years now actually.

garrettop-giggle.jpg

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Apparently you aren't familiar with every great coach and their early struggles.

Shame on you.

Reaction score
I did forget that Nick Saban thinks he's awesome. Sign him to a ten year extension, Mr. Murchison. We got something here.

Jason Garrett’s Professional Mentors:
As a Player:
Princeton University – played under Ron Rogerson and Steve Tosches
Columbia University – played under Jim Garrett (Jim Garrett resigned after 0-10 season and allegations of verbal and physical abuse)
San Antonio Riders – played under Mike Riley
Ottawa Rough Riders – played under Dave Ritchie
Dallas Cowboys – played under Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer and Chan Gailey
New York Giants – played under Jim Fassel
Tampa Bay Bucs – played under Jon Gruden
As a Coach:
Miami Dolphins – QB coach – under Nick Saban
Dallas Cowboys – Offensive Coordinator – under Wade Phillips

Additional: Left Princeton after one season to play for his dad on an 0-10 Columbia team, then returned to Princeton after his dad was fired after one season.

And then became head coach of the Cowboys. Way to go Ginger.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I did forget that Nick Saban thinks he's awesome. Sign him to a ten year extension, Mr. Murchison. We got something here.

And then became head coach of the Cowboys. Way to go Ginger.
lol

I doubt Harris ever becomes much. Maybe a Crayton type, but I doubt he's even that good.

Reaction score
Sucks to hear that.....more ciskowski brilliance.

Disagree.

He was a solid C-USA pick in the 6th round of the draft. He would have been given time to develop and improve in most cases. He clearly has some talent...especially for a 6th rounder.

I agree with Thought Experiment about his Crayton ceiling. But that's really all we needed from him anyway.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Disagree.

He was a solid C-USA pick in the 6th round of the draft. He would have been given time to develop and improve in most cases. He clearly has some talent...especially for a 6th rounder.

I agree with Thought Experiment about his Crayton ceiling. But that's really all we needed from him anyway.

I am confused then, ciskowski pointed him as a guy they were really excited to get last year, called him Kelvin Martin and said the club was going to use him in many ways. Why give up on that after 1 year?

He was a little overweight as he said and he was injured, just like Holmes.....so it makes no sense that if healthy he wouldn't be in the mix this year.

Reaction score
Kelvin Martin, not surprisingly, had his best seasons once Jimmy and his staff came on board. This may have coincided with Irvin's injury...but coaching definitely help too.

The real story here is that Garrett has failed to develop young players over and over again.

Dez, Bennett, Ogletree, Felix, the Oline, McGee, etc. These guys have either stayed the same, or regressed, under Garrett's watch. That's not really stacking practices to me...

Just for comparison's sake, if you look at SF, they made no major personnel changes outside of bringing in Harbaugh and his staff. He took a shitty team that many "experts" thought would be competing in the Luck sweepstakes, and he got them farther than Dallas has been in over 15 years. Many put that on the excellent defense, but the offense showed up in the shootout vs. New Orleans. That wasn't an accident.

It's a shame that fans continue to find other excuses and look past a shitty head coach who can't develop players, manage a game, or call plays.

Tom Landry INVENTED A DEFENSE, and coached with Vince Lombardi to 3 NFL Championship games. He didn't coach up Dante Culpepper with Scott Linehan to a 6-10 record, and then head over to Dallas and continue to fuck up over and over for 5 straight seasons.

Between icing his own kicker, and all of the other bullshit, I'm just not sure that Garrett is developing any of these players.

Last edited:

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Agreed. Garrett is one level below where ever people who have sex with dead bodies are ranked.

Reaction score
I'm very interested to see how Bennett does in New York this season with an NFL-caliber coaching staff. He's an idiot overall, but this is a good opportunity for him in a system that is efficient and maxes out talent.

Top Bottom