C

Cr122

Dez Bryant: I'll be back in action Thursday night

01:27 AM CDT on Monday, August 30, 2010

Todd Archer / Reporter

If Twitter is to be believed, then Dez Bryant will be playing against Miami.

Bryant (@DEZ_88) wrote on Twitter this evening: "Back in action Thursday night!!!!!"

After Saturday's 23-7 loss to Houston, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Bryant would be healthy enough to play in the preseason finale against the Dolphins at Cowboys Stadium and if the starters are to play that would only help Bryant's cause.

The plan was to keep Bryant out of the preseason action as he recovered from a high right ankle sprain suffered earlier in camp. In his first three years, Wade Phillips has not played his starters in the last preseason game, giving the work to backups and future cuts.

Yet with a poor showing against the Texans, Phillips and the coaching staff are wondering if they should give the regulars some more work before the Sept. 12 opener at Washington.

Bryant ran routes before Saturday's game, catching passes from Stephen McGee. He said everything went well in the pre-game workout and that he is not worried about soreness.

"Everybody liked what they've seen and we're just moving forward," Bryant said after Saturday's game.

Bryant has consistently said he would listen to whatever the training staff tells him.

"I'll get a little frustrated but then I'll look at the big picture and that's the Washington Redskins," Bryant said. "That's how I calm myself down."

• • •

Top Bottom