dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's what they are and what they do, and what they have perfected in the 28 years since the last Super Bowl title. Jerry should be proud of the fact that he has built the most consistent team in the history of our franchise. They consistently FAIL. They consistently invent new and more demoralizing ways to lose. They consistently piss the bed in the biggest situations. They've changed head coaches, coordinators and rosters. There's one consistent thing there that hasn't changed. JONES AND HIS SPAWN. They are losers because we have the two biggest clods in the league making football decisions and running the team into oblivion. Look up definition of insanity and their stupid fucking mugs are right there.

1) They ultimately lose because Jones and Spawn. Yesterday, the human turnstile they signed to a 5 year, 86.8 million dollar contract (of which 50 million is GUARANTEED) had one of the worst games in the history of our franchise. He was credited with allowing 4 sacks and at least 8 QB pressures. He gave up 3 sacks alone on the last two possessions, which culminated in us grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. He was already graded as one of the 5 or 6 worst starting Tackles in the league BEFORE yesterday's debacle. Against San Fran he carded what I believe is the lowest PFF score they have ever posted for a starting OL, and I have no doubt yesterdays game will grade out WORSE. Why the fuck the Jones idiots signed this guy to an extension when they did is beyond mind boggling. He was UNDER CONTRACT this year and he was coming off a major season ending injury (which happened at the end of last season). WHY DO THAT NOW????

2) Speaking of BAD contracts and lousy personnel decisions. In addition to Steele (which is looking like probably the worst contract they've ever done now). Malik Hooker and his new contract (which they also did not NEED to do now) have produced one interception and 2 passes defensed, along with constant plays where he is eons late getting over on safety help plays and numerous bad angles/missed tackles. Jayron Kearse got a contract "adjustment" and has totaled one interception (on ball thrown right to him) and 3 passes defensed, along with several knucklehead penalties and missed tackles. Donovan Wilson did earn a contract extension and had to be re-signed. Perhaps had he not suffered a bad calf injury in training camp he would be better, but so far he has been terrible. He has zero passes defensed, 0 interceptions, one tackle for loss and like Kearse and Hooker, numerous missed tackles. Hooker and Wilson are both signed to new 3yr deals worth 21 and 24 million each. Most of both these deals are fully guaranteed too.

3) At the end of the 3rd quarter, it looked like they had no chance to win and were well on their way to another embarrassing blowout defeat. With 26 seconds left in the game it looked like they were a lock to win the game and get a huge road win against a playoff caliber team. With 1st and goal from the 6 and the Eagles on the ropes, the Cowboys turned back into the laughingstock losers that they have been for 28 years. 1st play, false start with play clock winding down because Prescott is trying to change plays. 2nd play, Prescott sacked after RT is beat like a drum, and play loses another 11 yards. After an incomplete pass, they get another negative play for delay of game (which Jake Ferguson said after the game was his fault, he said he didn't get or didn't understand the play call). Nice play to Lamb to at least have a chance to score, but they were just too fucking far away. 26 seconds left and they needed only 6 yards, and they never got a SINGLE legit play off to potentially win the game.

4) Prescott wasn't without flaws, but dude played well yesterday and was the main reason they had a chance to win. Wished he could have somehow kept his momentum from stepping out of bounds on the 2pt play, but in the end they still should have won the game anyway. Kudos to Lamb and Ferguson for career games as well (although Ferguson had one or two drops and claimed the delay of game was his fault). Lamb also had an uncharacteristic drop and if he would have caught it, he'd have had his first career 200+ yard game. As it was he was the best player on the field and finished with 191 yards on 11 catches. Ferguson has turned into the 2nd best receiving weapon on the team and needs to be an integral part of the passing game every week from now on. He's also an outstanding blocker.

5) Defensively, they had a bad start and a terrible 3rd quarter. They actually gave the team a legit chance to win though, so they deserve credit for that. Parsons showed up and had 1.5 sacks, numerous pressures and nearly a crazy good punt block. He was held over and over again, once so bad that he deservedly went after the ref for missing the blatantly easy call. Sam Williams had a good game too with a strip sack (that Philly luckily recovered) and a couple other really good rushes and run defense plays. It appears he has passes Dante Fowler now on depth chart as I hardly noticed him yesterday and he didn't show in the stat box. Not sure if he got injured or what, but it was obvious he wasn't on the field as much.

6) I thought it was a mixed bag for McCarthy yesterday. He was aggressive on 4th downs (and had to be) and those worked out for the most part. He had some nice playcalls and in the past couple games has clearly built game plans to feature Ceedee Lamb, and it's paid off. I was originally mad at him for not challenging the spot on the Eagles opening possession (Hurts scrambled and was marked less than a 1/2 yard short of a 1st down, when replay clearly showed he was probably 2 yards or so short), it happened right on our sideline too, so they all knew it. However I read after the game that unless the play results in a 1st down or a TD, you can NOT challenge where a ball is spotted. Makes no sense whatsoever to me even though in most instances it probably doesnt matter that much, but on that particular play it DID matter, because the Eagles were close enough to go on 4th and inches and do their gimmee sneak play. That said, there's still too many mistakes, too many penalties and too too many dropped balls, and he deserves tons of blame for the butchering of game management once they got to 1st and goal at the 6. I said in the other thread I think he gets fired without a trip to the NFC Champ game, and he'll deserve it. We're 4 yrs into his time here, and some stuff has gotten no better.

7) Getting back to the worst GM and his Spawn, I hope he wastes no time to go on the radio and 'splain to us how it made sense to sit out the trade deadline again. They CLEARLY needed help at LB, CB and OL and probably RB. And those fucktards did NOTHING.

8) Another mediocre game for Pollard. Yet another stupid decision by the fucktard FO. They franchised a guy coming off a catastrophic leg injury in January, when they didn't need to. Nobody was going to pay Pollard big dollars (except our idiot). He is averaging career lows for yds per attempt and yds per reception. He is also missing blocks in pass protection again and yesterday dropped another pass. He's also had 3 bad fumbles (we recovered two). Some of the lack of success is definitely poor run blocking, but we didn't need to pay Pollard ten or eleven million.

9) The refs were definitely a huge factor, but the league doesn't care and does absolutely nothing on a week to week basis about bad officiating. The games are almost unwatchable now around the league and everyone knows its a problem. Calls will get missed sometimes, it happens. Sometimes judgement calls are made and its the wrong one. It happens. But when you see blatantly obvious things like balls spotted two+ yards ahead of where they belong, legit flags thrown and then picked up without explanation, flags thrown for players not reporting as eligible when they clearly did. It's inexcusable. You cant call ticky tack holding calls like they did on Schoonmaker while blatantly ignoring Parsons arm being pulled out of its socket in the middle of the field). You cant call PI on Gilmore for a ball thrown 10 yards out of bounds while ignoring Lamb being checked/held/interfered with all the way down the field on one play. Yeah yeah yeah. In the end both teams had 10 accepted penalties for similar yards, but we got nailed for a few lousy calls and some really blatant stuff on Philly was completely ignored.

10) Tyler Smith is an absolute stud at LG and it was nice having Tyron Smith back on the field too. Their side appeared good. The other side has major problems (especially Steele, who should be benched but wont be). Zack Martin is still not himself and you have to wonder now if he will ever be 100% this year. Biadasz is ok at C but appears to be playing himself out of a long term contract extension (which we probably cant afford anyway). They really need to fix the run game blocking but the biggest issue right now is Steele's complete inability to block anyone, especially on pass downs. He's making Phil Pozderek and Chaz Green look almost competent with the way he has played.

11) Very clear on which players need less playing time (or benched completely) and which young guys should be getting more reps, but this coaching staff and idiot GM don't have the balls to do what's right. Steele should be benched. Gallup (despite two nice 2nd half catches) should be benched. Kearse and Hooker should be benched or see their reps dramatically cut. These are all obvious and things that are holding the team back, but because of really bad contracts and stubbornness, they won't do anything.

12) Luck matters in this league and the Eagles got damn lucky on several plays yesterday. 3 fumbles fell right on the ground under their guy (or in Hurts case, bounced right back up to him). We barely missed two blocked punts. On the opening series, Hurts got one of the luckiest spots of the year by gaining an extra 2+ yards on a scramble. I have no doubt they'd have punted from there otherwise, instead they went on to score a TD.

13) Keep it up Johnny Walker GM, you'll soon be a complete afterthought in Texas sports. The Rangers won a championship and have a good team. The Longhorns are back in a big way. The worst for you dipshit is Houston has had to completely rebuild from an awful situation with a loser QB, and in less than 1 yr it appears they are well on their way to being really legit. The Texans, with a rookie QB and a litany of young guys and cast offs are only ONE game behind Dallas in the W/L column. The future looks bright for them, CJ Stroud is 100% legit.

They'll be heavily favored to win the next 3 games but does anyone really have any confidence they'll sweep? I don't. I could see the way they lost yesterday really lingering into next week. Maybe they'll win, but it will probably be really ugly (ala Houston and Tennessee last yr). From there its a gauntlet of bigtime opponents (Seattle, Philly, at Buffalo, at Miami and Detroit). I figure at best we win maybe two of those. So if they hold serve and win the next 3, they'd be 10-6 heading into the final weekend at Washington. Like someone else said though, 8-9 or 9-8 seems very possible.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
4) Prescott wasn't without flaws, but dude played well yesterday and was the main reason they had a chance to win.
He has the Romo choke gene. Will play well enough to keep you interested and watching. But shrinks in the biggest moments. Yesterday could have been that signature win we have all been waiting for the last 8 years. Instead it turned into another woulda, coulda, shoulda....almost win. Dont get me wrong I dont particularly blame him for losing the game. He had a chance to be the guy and failed again. He is a symptom of the problem. Other than that very thorough and excellent write up Dbair.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice play to Lamb to at least have a chance to score, but they were just too fucking far away. 26 seconds left and they needed only 6 yards, and they never got a SINGLE legit play off to potentially win the game.

Great job dbair. The part I quoted was the really frustrating part. Not a single legit play....not one. We didn't even give ourselves a chance.

At this point, I think the Eagles are a better team with a better roster. If anyone had told me we'd be 1st and goal at the six with seconds left and a chance to win I'd have been surprised. I give credit to the team for fighting through all the obstacles you mentioned, from the sacks, to the dropped passes, to the bad calls, to the bad bounces. And they still had a chance to win.

And while I've been critical of Dak and think he choked on the final drive taking that sack, he played well....he played really well and made some great throws. I'm left to accept moral victories in my old age and this might be one of them. It gives me a little hope moving forward.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And while I've been critical of Dak and think he choked on the final drive taking that sack, he played well....he played really well and made some great throws. I'm left to accept moral victories in my old age and this might be one of them. It gives me a little hope moving forward.
Jerry and Spawn celebrate this

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At this point, I think the Eagles are a better team with a better roster.
Right this second I think the talent is actually very close and they are probably a little better in the trenches. They tried to choke the game away but managed to pull it out in the end. They are a little better on the O Line, better coached, and probably more likely to pull out a close game. There isnt a huge gap though.

Top Bottom