dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I got sucked again. I truly believed this team was different this time and yet here we are, SAME SHIT DIFFERENT DAY.

It's the same thing every year with the fucktard, clown run organization. The players talk all kinds of shit and then go out on Sundays against a winless team with a journeymen QB (JOSH FUCKING DOBBS, been on 5 or 6 teams in just a few seasons) and can't do ANYTHING to stop them. They are 100% deservedly the joke of the fucking league right now (even a bigger joke than Denver, which seems almost impossible)

1) Love my Amigo brother Dodger (who is not wrong about what Prescott is) but Prescott did not lose this game. He didnt win it, but he should not have had to on his own. The Cardinals don't have a lot of talent and were almost universally regarded as the worst team in the league heading into week one. They were missing 3 or 4 starters of their own Including their starting QB and best overall player, Budda Baker) They had a terrible QB playing for them. And our "generational" defense completely shit the bed. Allowed that team to score on 5 straight first half possessions. Allowed that team to convert two different 1st and 20's into easy first downs. Managed only two sacks. Got only ONE pass defensed. Got stampeded for 220 rushing yards and for a majority of the game were giving up 11-12 yards PER CARRY. Dobbs completed 81% of his passes and had nothing even remotely close to a turnover. We were missing ONE guy on defense. What happened yesterday was a complete shitshow and shows me with 100% certainty that we have NO CHANCE whatsoever at winning in the postseason, and frankly with this schedule I don't see how they even make the postseason. The Cards were one of the least talented teams on our schedule, and we got completely shitstomped.

2) In terms of individuals on defense, I thought Micah Parsons stood out as bad yesterday. Yeah he got one sack and one or two other pressures, but he was otherwise invisible, and he was dreadful vs the run. In addition, his body language and expressions on the sideline were extremely poor. Like the rest of the team, he looked like he just didnt want to be there, and this is the guy thats supposed to be the emotional leader of the team. I thought all three safeties were horrendous, and Malik Hooker had his 3rd straight game with at least one or two really poor plays and is looking very much like a guy we wasted big dollars on. Donovan Wilson is normally fast on the field, but he looked really slow to me yesterday and was obviously not 100% yet, he should have been held out another game or two. LVE and Clark had horrendous games. On a side note with LVE, why does Quinn think LVE is a good pass rusher? He isnt. I had a real fear Deron Bland would not be good as a starter at 1/2 CB, and unfortunately, I was right for one game. He was not good at all.

3) We definitely have a Dak Prescott problem. He was not bad for most of the game yesterday, but he did shit the bed in the end and he was terrible in the redzone. He missed what should have been a gimmee TD to Gallup and then threw one of the worst endzone picks a QB could ever throw. Seeing it live was bad enough, but when you watch the replays or see the still photos it's even worse. For the first time since he's been here, I saw McCarthy seemingly get frustrated with Prescott on the sideline (it was the first drive too, when Prescott inexplicably took a boneheaded delay of game) and there was no doubt that the playcalling (especially late in the game) was done the way it was because McCarthy doesn't seem to have any faith in Prescott's decision making. There is absolutely no way in hell we should give this guy any more money or years on a contract. I'd even go as far to say that had we had a choice between Diggs ACL or Prescott having the same injury, we'd have probably been better off in the long run with it being Prescott done for the year. Not that our record would be better, but it might force their hand on moving on from him sooner.

4) In addition to the above, I really do believe that the Trey Lance move was in part done because THEY do think there's a problem and contrary to what they say publicly, I don't think they feel good about Prescott's future or the team's upside with him a QB anymore. Lance may not be the answer, but they took a chance there because they are not sold on #4 any longer and are now on the fence about giving him another big contract without seeing some real progress first.

5) Two UDFA's started their first game ever and our LT was a guy who had been playing LG and had only one arm. And yet the OL was NOT the out and out disaster it could have been. Credit Mike Solari for what he's done. Prescott had some plays where he was pressed and had to run around, but the run game was pretty damn good and there were plenty of snaps where Prescott had more than enough time. Sure there were penalties, but all things considered it was not bad.

6) Total clunker of a loss, but really good games for Gallup and Pollard, the rookie kicker is great and Hunter Luepke really showed up. He's really settling into this FB role nicely and should be a good player for us for quite some time. Nice game for Rico Dowdle as well.

7) Mixed bag for the TE's. Both Ferguson and Schoonmaker had a drop (although Schoon's would have gained only a couple yards anyway) but they both blocked their asses off. Ferguson did have several nice catch and runs as well.

8) Denver really gave up a 1st and 2nd rd pick for Sean Payton. They are now 0-3 and just had one of the worst performances in the HISTORY of the league yesterday. That is a complete clusterfuck organization and we really dodged a bullet by not doing what they did.

9) Kinda seems fitting. Drunk, loser owner hosting fat, loser Rino idiot in the owners box yesterday to witness his loser fucking team shit the bed.

Have zero confidence in this team moving forward. Won't be surprised in the least if we lose to Pats, Niners and Chargers before the bye week. All three have vastly better teams and QB situations than what we faced yesterday, and the D was completely hopeless against them. If that happens then no doubt does the "fire McCarthy" intensity heat up, but he doesn't run the defense and he didn't choose this QB. Hard for me to really blame him if we are 2-4 after the bye.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This team is going to win the fuckin super bowl and you nattering nabobs of negativism are gonna look like possums peckers as I bring back all your words of hate and paste them right back in your snotty snouts.

What happened yesterday was a PLAN our brain trust knows we put 150 damn plays on film the last two weeks so this is new film, a film of falsehoods, it is a complete deception for future opponents to plan accordingly to. It is a fuckin psy-op you negative Nancys!

God damn, fake fans.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1. Kearse was awful. Seemed to be running in quicksand most of the day. Wilson's return didn't spark anything either. Bland wasn't terrible, but you could see the difference.
2. You credit the o-line, but Edoga was totally out of his element. Good guard; putrid tackle. He wrecked more than one series.
3. Going for it on 4th instead of taking the 3 was a bad play in real time.
4. The fact that we were running like crazy as the clock was ticking down tells you they don't trust Dak. And then Dak did something to prove their skepticism.
5. Parsons whiffing on Dobbs in the backfield, leading to a big run, set the tone for the day. No passion on the sideline either. It's like they thought they could just show up and beat a bad team.
6. We finally had a Gallup sighting. Trade bait?
7. I would shop Cooper Rush to the Jets or some other team for some defensive help. If Lance has to play because Dak gets dinged, so be it. He needs the reps anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
1. Kearse was awful. Seemed to be running in quicksand most of the day. Wilson's return didn't spark anything either. Bland wasn't terrible, but you could see the difference.
2. You credit the o-line, but Edoga was totally out of his element. Good guard; putrid tackle. He wrecked more than one series.
3. Going for it on 4th instead of taking the 3 was a bad play in real time.
4. The fact that we were running like crazy as the clock was ticking down tells you they don't trust Dak. And then Dak did something to prove their skepticism.
5. Parsons whiffing on Dobbs in the backfield, leading to a big run, set the tone for the day. No passion on the sideline either. It's like they thought they could just show up and beat a bad team.
6. We finally had a Gallup sighting. Trade bait?
7. I would shop Cooper Rush to the Jets or some other team for some defensive help. If Lance has to play because Dak gets dinged, so be it. He needs the reps anyway.
The one sack Edoga did give up was supposed to be a quick throw, and Prescott pulled the ball down.

I also give him a little bit of a pass because he was playing basically with one arm. I'm sort of surprised they didnt give Asim Richards at least some of the reps, but maybe they worried too much about how the two UDFA's would fare to take a chance there.

No way would I trade Gallup right now. I wondered about it a bit after week one, but then Cooks got hurt and yesterday he didn't look all that good to me.

We've heard next to nothing about Lance so far, but I do wonder what he's looked like getting the scout team reps.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The one sack Edoga did give up was supposed to be a quick throw, and Prescott pulled the ball down.

I also give him a little bit of a pass because he was playing basically with one arm.
c'mon. there were numerous missed blocks and hurries. and I do things with one arm all the time. usually with the door locked.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
c'mon. there were numerous missed blocks and hurries. and I do things with one arm all the time. usually with the door locked.
He wasn't great for sure, but he wasn't Chaz Green either.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There is not a trade out there that is going to move this team over the top unless KC wants to hand them Mahomes on a silver platter. Bottom line is the country club mentality the team had for decades will plague them until the old, wrinkled, carnival barker and his family that own the team move on. Unfortunately that will be long after I depart planet earth. I have witnessed my last chip.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
With every single factor considered in the OP's writeup and all the follow up responses...
IF the playcaller and his QB can not figure out a way to score once reaching the opponent 20 then the team is going no where.
I don't care if they give up 500 yards rushing. I don't care if all 5 backup olinemen are playing.
Against the Cards juggernaut dee they went 1 for 5 in the RZ.
They sucked the previous week in RZ scoring but at least the Jets have decent defensive talent.
Against the Cards? There is literally NO excuse.

This horizontal dink and dunk offense is already being figured out and all of Dak's fundamental flaws are on display for all NFL DCs to exploit.
The effectiveness of that shallow crowd the line LOS zone pass dee by the Cards reminded me of the ass whooping Fangio gave us as Denver's DC a couple of years ago and Dak and Mike talking shit about "We hope others play us like that."

Well guess what. Others do.
Dak can't beat zone coverage to save his freakin life.
This aint nothing new.

The whole season depends on Mike's playcalling and Dak's decision making in real time.
The replays of Dak on 3rd down make me cringe at the options he misses from not running when its right in front of him or the missed open receivers. His field vision, and decision making/processing absolutely suck. So slow between the ears. It's an ongoing 8 year problem that now appears as a 4th coordinator can't fix either.
Pathetic.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Going into his 8th year, nothing has changed. Dak is the same as he ever was and it will be another repeat year of broken promises and change. As Dodger12 has stated many times before, Dak is a coach killer!!!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seeing it live was bad enough, but when you watch the replays or see the still photos it's even worse
The thing about his picks which really annoys me is that virtually every time he throws one, the defense has numbers. Eight years in, a "smart" veteran QB has to know better than to consistently throw into double and triple coverage. Even McCarthy figured this out and why the throws are mostly check down/ WC offense short throws where you get one on one coverage and hope your guy can make a play. The problem obviously in the red zone is the field shrinks and the defense has numbers almost everywhere. In the cases where they dont and you get a favorable matchup, then the QB has to be incredibly accurate, not Dak's strong suit either.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Dak sure didn't do anything to help Dallas overcome a nightmare performance from the D & 13 penalties as a team.
It's hard to fight for Dak any longer after the offense finished 1-of-5 in the red zone & he tossed a red zone pick. However, the red zone woes are more of an MM issue & being down 3 offensive linemen only made Dak's job more difficult.
(have to give credit where credit is due whether one agrees w/me or not)

Top Bottom