Reaction score
Posted on 04/12/2011 by torsborn
The Dallas Cowboys are planning to hold training camp entirely in San Antonio this summer, a San Antonio city official told the Express-News on Tuesday.

“If there is a season and there is a camp, they are going to be here for the whole camp,” said Michael Sawaya, the city’s director of convention, sports and entertainment facilities. ”They won’t be splitting camp.”

Sawaya said the Alamodome is holding dates open for a three-week camp that would begin roughly at the end of July and run through the middle of August.

Sawaya said he learned there would be no split camp in a conversation last week with John Hickman, the Cowboys official in charge of training camp.

“I couldn’t confirm or deny it,” Hickman said of the information Sawaya told the Express-News.

Said Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple: “We have not finalized our plans for training camp at this time.”

The Cowboys split camp last season between San Antonio and Oxnard, Calif. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has said repeatedly that he wanted to continue to split camp, but Sawaya said Oxnard is out of the picture for this summer.

“The Boys will be at home,” Sawaya said. “They will be in San Antonio.”

This is the final year of the Cowboys’ five-year contract with the city for rent-free use of the Alamodome, but Sawaya said there have been no negotiations regarding an extension.

“For obvious reasons, their focus right now is on this year,” Sawaya said. “It’s hard for them to look beyond this year because of the lockout.”

If the lockout stretches deep into the summer, the Cowboys, of course, could choose to skip camp in San Antonio, Sawaya said.

No word on how much say Cowboys coach Jason Garrett had in the decision to hold camp in one spot.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'd rather they have camp in California.

Me too, but at least Garrett has convinced skeletor to hold camp in one place and make it to where it's all business.

Our most successful season in recent memory was 2009 and TC was in San Antonio, so we know that this team can have a productive camp in San Antonio if they make it all about football.

I also like that none of our preseason games will be nationally televised.

The less attention, the better it is for our team.

Plymkr

Reaction score
They should have it in Texas someplace. There is no reason to come out here to Calif. and, quite frankly, they had much better success when the camp was in Austin.

But, as long as it one place and one place only. That is good.

Course, it will still be a damn circus now instead of an actual training camp because EGO puke Jones has to have attention and other shit going on while the team is "training"..

Reaction score
Why? Are you out there? Why wouold a bitch in New Jersey care about wanting a team to practice in California rather than Texas?

They can get more done in better weather. (Not so many breaks, Not so much worry about heat exhaustion,humidity)

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
sbk lives in New Joisy? I guess that explains much of his behavior. I bet the guidos kick the shit out of him everyday.

Last edited:

Plymkr

Reaction score
They can get more done in better weather. (Not so many breaks, Not so much worry about heat exhaustion,humidity)

They don't get more done. Believe me, it's a non business and laid back. But, maybe with redhead at the helm, that would change.

Top Bottom