sbk92

Reaction score
TIM SHUMATE - LAYTON, UT: The key to the season is the play of the offensive line, and so far I am not impressed. No room for the running backs, and the passing pocket is small and collapses too fast.

Nick: You are right about that. So far, it has not been impressive. But don't disregard the injuries. You can't overlook that part right now.

Rob: The running game hasn't gotten going, and that's essential. Most of the games they won last year, they ran effectively. The line did a solid job of protecting Tony Romo on Saturday night without two starters, though. They've got to get everyone healthy first. But I agree the line is the key. All these talented skill players need the proper room to operate.

Josh: They'll be better when Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier return healthy, I think we know that. But even with those guys in, the running game was a struggle. They can say they're working on things and trying new plays and that sort of stuff, but how about executing it?

ANDREA RESTIVO - UDINE, ITALY: Are you also a bit disappointed by Brandon Williams and Mike Hamlin, neither having done much so far?

Nick: Not really disappointed, but the other guys have just been better. Victor Butler has been more impressive at outside linebacker and with Hamlin getting hurt, it's opened the door for rookies like Barry Church to step in. I think Williams is safe for a roster spot but let's see how it shakes out at safety.

Rob: Hamlin was having a good camp until the concussion, which has kept him out the last 10 days. He's a good young player, but he's getting pushed by rookies Barry Church and Danny McCray. I'm expecting to see more catalytic plays from Williams in preseason, because he was so productive in San Antonio. Victor Butler has been more disruptive in the games. But keep in mind this is Williams' first preseason back from a torn ACL. It takes time to knock off the rust.

Josh: You're right about Williams, who even Wade Phillips has called rusty. But I don't know if Hamlin has been disappointing. I thought he was doing alright before the concussion. We'll just have to see how he looks these next two weeks. Williams is safe, and I think Hamlin probably is too.

C

Cr122

I think the only thing I was impressed with was we scored a couple of touchdowns.

With that makeshift line we were lucky.

Top Bottom