sbk92

Reaction score
Rainer Sabin / Reporter

There is a scene in the movie "Ghostbusters," where Bill Murray's character explains to the New York City mayor just how much things will change if he doesn't act to solve an impending crisis. Describing what this new world will look like, Murray shouts, "Dogs and cats living together."

The message, a not-too-subtle one, was delivered with that piece of imagery. Dogs and cats, after all, are supposed to dislike each other. In the NFL, so are Cowboys and Eagles. But the lockout, which has turned pro football upside-down and forged some strange alliances, managed to bring them together. Phil Costa, a Cowboys offensive lineman, told the Burlington County Times he had recently worked out with several Philadelphia players, including kicker David Akers and tight end Brent Celek.

These days, they are all on the same team -- fighting the owners in an ongoing battle after the collective bargaining agreement that bridged the two sides expired last month. Still, Costa's allegiances are with the Cowboys as this excerpt from the article in the Burlington County Times shows:

• "Personally, my first goal last year was just to make the team, and then when I made the team, the goal was to stay on the team. My next goal was to help the team. Now, I just want to get better.''

Costa is back in the Dallas area now, working out with some of his teammates, including tight end Jason Witten and quarterback Tony Romo. He's also searching for a new apartment - nothing flashy, just a place closer to the team's training facilities.

After all, Costa knows that there will eventually be a return to normalcy in the NFL, where the Cowboys and Eagles are expected to despise each other .

Reaction score
Player hatred is largely dead.

Rivalries exist only in the heads of fans.

I'm glad Costa is working out and trying to better himself.

C

Cr122

It doesn't bother me that these players are working together. I don't see the big deal.

Top Bottom