C

Cr122

Cowboys' Jay Ratliff adds mixed-martial arts to his game
Posted at 1:00 PM on Thu., Aug. 26, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Jay Ratliff, the Dallas Cowboys' Pro Bowl defensive lineman, plans on incorporating mixed-martial-arts moves into his game this season.

Ratliff added MMA training to his off-season workout plan. The sessions showed him more ways to use his hands, vital for an under-sized lineman like Ratliff.

``You have to be crafty,'' Ratliff said.

Ratliff will also have the advantage of being able to use his hands more often. He was limited at times last season painful bone spurs in both elbow. Ratliff underwent arthroscopic surgery in the off-season to have the spurs removed and has noticed a significant improvement during training camp.

``It wasn't agony every game, but there were definitely some tough games,'' Ratliff said of playing with the spurs.

C

Cr122

[video=youtube;pwuCJznewFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuCJznewFw[/video]

Reaction score
I applaud him for trying this, and wanting to improve his craft. However, it seems like every other off season there are stories about lineman taking some sort of martial arts training, and I've yet to see it really have a noteworthy impact on an individual players performance.

C

Cr122

I applaud him for trying this, and wanting to improve his craft. However, it seems like every other off season there are stories about lineman taking some sort of martial arts training, and I've yet to see it really have a noteworthy impact on an individual players performance.

I know it what are they suppose to do, kick someone in the face. :awkward

Top Bottom