C

Cr122

Cowboys' Dez Bryant says return from sprained ankle may come sooner than expected
08:16 AM

Recommend Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant missed the first game of the team's preseason schedule on Sunday as he rehabs a sprained right ankle. But the rookie said he won't rule out a return prior to the start of the regular season.

Bryant was originally expected to miss about 4-6 weeks when he was hurt on July 30.

"There's no telling for sure," Bryant told NFL.com, "but I think it might even be sooner than that. It's coming along pretty good."

-- Sean Leahy

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather he wait for the opener or maybe the last preseason game. But no sooner than that.

Reaction score
No rush. That's not an injury you play with.

Let it heal, and then come back. It's a long season, Dez.

C

Cr122

I totally agree with you guys, we will be fine without him right now, no rush.

I want a 100% Dez Bryant for our Super Bowl run.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd sit him until week 5 or so. Give him several weeks where he thinks he's okay and the doctors have cleared him. Dez would be the last guy I'd listen to when deciding when he's ready.

C

Cr122

It doesn't take long before a high ankle sprain can become more serious than it already is.

Yeah Dez says he is feeling fine, but as soon as someone rolls him up again or he plants his feet the wrong way, he's right back to where he started.

Reaction score
Dez just needs to take it easy. I'd prefer he come in early in the year than late in the pre-season at risk of hurting himself further. Roy Williams can get the job done against these scrubs.

C

Cr122

Dez just needs to take it easy. I'd prefer he come in early in the year than late in the pre-season at risk of hurting himself further. Roy Williams can get the job done against these scrubs.

We'll we hope he can get the job done.

We have only been waiting since he signed with us. We should be fine, and once Dez get's back we should have ourselves an arsenal. It does hurt a bit too without Phillips.

Marty B needs to pick up his game like he picks up the youtube gigs.

Reaction score
We'll we hope he can get the job done.

We have only been waiting since he signed with us. We should be fine, and once Dez get's back we should have ourselves an arsenal. It does hurt a bit too without Phillips.

Marty B needs to pick up his game like he picks up the youtube gigs.

Maybe Dez Bryant's production can help fill the void where we needed Phillips in the passing game. I don't know where we would fill the void left at blocking.

C

Cr122

Maybe Dez Bryant's production can help fill the void where we needed Phillips in the passing game. I don't know where we would fill the void left at blocking.

Yeah, because Phillips would of been a good fit in the backfield blocking, and a reliable source of production in the passing game.

For now we have to go back to using more of Anderson in the fullback position, unless of course we can get Sicko involved in his role. It'll take some time though.

Top Bottom