sbk92

Reaction score
Gerry Fraley / Reporter

Kept out of the team's training facility because of the lockout, Dallas Cowboys' cornerback Orlando Scandrick is footing a $2,000 monthly bill to receive personalized training at the acclaimed Athletes Performance Institute in Carson, Calif.

Scandrick is one of many NFL players at the facility, and the number could grow next month if the lockout continues. In a normal off-season, teams would begin organized team in late April. Facilities such as the API and the Michael Johnson Performance Center in McKinney could become the site of players-only mini-camps.

The National Football League Players Association, downgraded to a trade association because of its decertification, frowns on players organized unsupervised workouts for two reasons. The union believes the workouts would send a message to the owners that the players are close to caving in, and there is also the risk of injury. A team is not liable if a player is injured in an unsupervised workout.

Plymkr

Reaction score
For 2K a month.

I hope he rented Giant's WR Steve Smith as well. Maybe having him at the gym trying to cover him, Scandrick could actually be up to the task for a change.

Oh **** that. Why is this guy even on the team still.

Plymkr

Reaction score
Meh,

Maybe with a better DC and a consistent pass rush, he can be somebody.

Shit, where did I put my Kool aid.

Top Bottom