C

Cr122

Cowboys' Akwasi Owusu-Ansah on debut: 'These coaches want to see something'

01:46 PM CDT on Friday, August 20, 2010

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will make his debut on Saturday at San Diego after missing the first two preseason games as he recovered from shoulder surgery and a hamstring strain.

"It's only a preseason game but it's my first NFL preseason game and these coaches want to see something," Owusu-Ansah said. "My family and friends, everybody's been waiting. I don't want to look at it as just a preseason game because for us rookies, it's the first taste of what it will be for the rest of our careers."

Owusu-Ansah will be one of the primary punt and kick returners against the Chargers. He played cornerback at Indiana (Pa.) but he has moved to safety with the Cowboys and has seen some time in the slot during practices. Over the last two days, he has made some noticeable plays.

"The proof is going to be in the pudding," secondary coach Dave Campo said. "He's a good athlete. He can run and do all of those things, but he's a smart guy, too. I'm happy with what he's done to this point."

• • •

C

Cr122

That's what I like to hear out of the rookies, that preseason does matter to them.

I like this kids attitude, I hope he does well and produces.

Top Bottom