C

Cr122

Posted at 12:48 PM on Wed., Aug. 11, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
SportsDayDFW.com sports Bio | E-mail | News tips

Cowboys wide receivers coach Ray Sherman spoke to the Tulsa World about Dez Bryant. Some highlights

On comparisons of Dez to Randy Moss: "He's got some Moss-type skills as far as the way he catches the football and being a guy who can stretch the field.

On comparisons of Dez's character to Moss' character issues: "There are no similarities there. Dez's character is great."

On drafting Dez with the No. 24 pick: "When Dez began to slide, he became a steal for us. He's a top-10 pick for sure."

On Dez signing before training camp began: "That was a huge plus for us. It told me a lot about the young man. He's been outstanding. He was outstanding when we brought him in here to interview him. He was outstanding when we drafted him. He's been outstanding. His attitude has been great. He's a tremendous young man."

On Dez refusing to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads: "That whole thing was no big deal. It was blown way out of proportion by the media. In fact, I'll tell you how big of a deal it was. They sat in the meeting room together and both laughed about the whole thing. That tells you what that was."

C

Cr122

On Dez refusing to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads: "That whole thing was no big deal. It was blown way out of proportion by the media. In fact, I'll tell you how big of a deal it was. They sat in the meeting room together and both laughed about the whole thing. That tells you what that was."

Thanks, Ray.

C

Cr122

On comparisons of Dez's character to Moss' character issues: "There are no similarities there. Dez's character is great."

What character concerns?

Top Bottom