dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
christ, if you lose the pick then keep the guy and get your money's worth

When would they get "moneys worth" from a player that wasn't any good?

He was a knucklehead and worse didn't know what to do in pass protection. That's not a good thing with franchise QB about to return from injury.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
When would they get "moneys worth" from a player that wasn't any good?

He was a knucklehead and worse didn't know what to do in pass protection. That's not a good thing with franchise QB about to return from injury.

so when they dissected every piece of tape before the trade, they failed to notice he was shitty at pass protection? more likely he's gone because he's a locker room turd.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One report said he was gone due to poor performance and stuff in the locker room

I have a feeling he just wasn't smart enough to pick up the offense

That's why he didn't work out for the Hawks

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so when they dissected every piece of tape before the trade, they failed to notice he was shitty at pass protection? more likely he's gone because he's a locker room turd.

I think its both. The few times he was out there on a pass play he did mess up blitz pickups a couple times.

Whatever it was, he was never impressive in any role.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Broaddus was saying that Linehan's doghouse is deep. Michaels probably didn't see the field much due to the same reason Randle didn't last year. Not trustworthy with his blocking. But then they decided that his 'talent' wasn't worth keeping around.

Reaction score
Broaddus had also just answered dc.com mailbag question about more playing time for Corey White just two days before cut. No indication that White was in trouble.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
christ, if you lose the pick then keep the guy and get your money's worth
I don't see where they ever gave Michael any real chance to see what he could do. How about 10 straight carries, or something? Bring him in as a 4th quarter changeup. See if he's got game legs.

No, we just judge them by their performance in walk-throughs, and practice reps.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Broaddus was saying that Linehan's doghouse is deep. Michaels probably didn't see the field much due to the same reason Randle didn't last year. Not trustworthy with his blocking. But then they decided that his 'talent' wasn't worth keeping around.

Spagnola said pretty much the same thing. He's not able to get his blocking assignments down and he was struggling to pick up the play book

So basically he's a dummy
Or in other words "the right kind of guy"

Anyone else listen to the Cowboys Break or Talking Cowboys podcasts? Or watch their video segments?

They have been saying that from day one about him and that's why he hasn't played much because he's not picking up the offense

Charles Haley was talking about the locker room and he gave a blanket stamens that these Cowboys have low football IQ. He said he would basically them an F grade

Pretty sad coming from Haley. I haven't really heard him talk much before. He talks a lot like Mike Tyson when he's talking about anything other than football. Kinda sounds like a blockhead dummy of sorts. Until he starts talking about football. Then I thought wow this guy is no dummy. At least when it comes to football.

His story comes on tomorrow after the Thursday night game "a football life"

I'm looking forward to hearing his story as told by his peers

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Broaddus had also just answered dc.com mailbag question about more playing time for Corey White just two days before cut. No indication that White was in trouble.

White seemed to surprise everyone. They were talking about him the day he was cut like he should start getting more playing time with the injuries on the roster

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't see where they ever gave Michael any real chance to see what he could do. How about 10 straight carries, or something? Bring him in as a 4th quarter changeup. See if he's got game legs.

No, we just judge them by their performance in walk-throughs, and practice reps.

They seemed to be worried he'd muff a block and get Cassel hurt

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Practice matters. If he cant block the right people then, he probably wont do it in real games either.

That said, he never looked like anything other than a JAG on the few carries he got here and I did see him fuck up at least one blitz pick up badly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That said, he never looked like anything other than a JAG on the few carries he got here and I did see him fuck up at least one blitz pick up badly.
Dude probably is a dumb player, sure. But he wasn't there to be a pass blocker and wasn't advertised as one. He was there to be a change-up power back, to be fresh legs late in games, to pummel the opponent. They should have used him a lot more than they did.
Practice matters.
Right. That's why we're 2-7. Practice doesn't matter here, with this coaching regime.

It's obvious they made some cuts just to try to send a message to the team and the fans, not for any performance related reason. Let's just call bullshit, bullshit.

Top Bottom